All reviews the grill pleasure of staying excellent hotel buffet lunch clean hotel visiting lagos rooms are spacious courteous staff home away from home victoria island southern sun simon nigeria business security gym gm
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Thank you to the staff and management of the Wheatbaker for making my stay so enjoyable. The staff were always helpful and friendly and nothing I asked for was too much for them to do. The food was of the highest standards and room spacious and very comfortable let me not forget the cleanliness which is impeccable. I cant wait for my next visit and would highly recommend your hotel as one of the best places to stay in Lagos. Thank you Mr Grinrod for taking the time to meet with us your guest you are an amazing leader and that shows as it definitely filtered down to your staff.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear rozanneb499

The Wheatbaker Team thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your visit to our hotel.

We are all very encouraged to learn your stay was comfortable and satisfactory.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

What a great hotel with everything a business traveler could wish for. The GM, Simon Grindrod ,obviously leads from the front as his staff are friendly and very professional. I recommend the Wheatbaker without hesitation.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear StephenMarianne

All of here at The Wheatbaker are grateful for your kind review.

We assure you of our ongoing efforts to maintain and deliver the service Guests such as yourself deserve.

I hope to welcome you back when you next visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

The Wheatbaker is easily my most favourite hotel in Lagos.
Lets start with ambience - it is serene there is a certain tranquility as soon as you enter through the double door greeted by friendly door staff to welcome you - complimentary cocktail is always welcome from a lagos trip - whether its battling Lagos roads or a traffic infused journey Wheatbaker will ensure these potential stresses are left outside.

The reception staff are welcoming, friendly and professional and go the extra mile to make you feel relaxed. The rooms are spacious & kept to pristine standards, the beds are extra comfortable to facilitate an uninterrupted night of blissful sleep. The bathrooms in my suite was immaculate. Upon calling room service, staff are friendly professional and genuinely happy to ensure the best standards are maintained and do no shy away from asking if anything is needed.

The food at Wheatbaker is first class. The only issue i had was being spoilt for choice. Not a bad problem to have.

GM Simon has maintained 5 Star standard of this beautiful boutique paradise situated in the heart of Ikoyi & within close proximity to Lekki / Victoria Island. Gerald, Sanjip, Mr Harris under the helm of Mr Simon are a formidable team. Instantly available to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

The Spa if you have time are well worth the visit. Deep muscle massage from professional staff was extremely effective and relaxing - 'it hit the spot'. Awesome. My friend who also stayed had a body scrub and it too was 'the best'. It is difficult to fault first class service from first staff with a smile and the most comfortable facilities.Wheatbaker is no1 recommendation for anyone visiting Lagos wishing 100% comfort, security and reliability. Poolside is also a must visit & The Grill restaurant with wet your appetite with mouthwatering dishes to spoil you for choice. There is a 24 hour bar to serve you with snacks/food menu guaranteed to satisfy any hungry palate - hospitality always warm and welcoming.
Keep it up Wheatbaker - i will continue patronising & flying the Wheatbaker flag!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Ngozi O

All of us here at The Wheatbaker are grateful for your very encouraging comments regarding your recent visit to the hotel.

We never take the patronage of any of our distinguished Guests for granted and assure you of our commitment to the highest levels of personal service and care.

I hope you will choose to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Visited here in March with and our experience was a bit less than we had anticipated. We were given an average-sized room on the 4th floor, basic room with nothing spectacular to it -- you would think paying that much. I guess you pay for the location, but we paid half the amount per night here at Clear Essence California Spa which is just a few blocks down: bigger rooms and some great hospitality experience to it. Our room at Wheatbaker was somewhat above room temperature and would not cool-- in fact we woke up the next morning a bit sweaty! I filed a complaint the next morning but the issue persisted despite having a maintenance guy check it. They tried moving us to another room on the same floor but it appears most (if not all) the rooms on that floor maintained the same central cooling above room temperature. They finally moved us to a room on the 1st floor (at midnight) which obviously had better cooling than the rooms on the 4th floor.
P.S: Our room did not have pressing iron -- we were going to be charged for laundry services if we needed to press our clothes. I've stayed at better hotels around the world and this has never been an issue. I demanded for a pressing iron in our room but that took them over 24 hours to deliver (had to call a second time the next day).
Food is great though -- quite delicious. Can't go wrong with the restaurant and their selection of food. But I'm not coming back here! I don't feel like I got value for my money (We stayed here for two nights).

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jullsd84
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Dear Jullsd84

On behalf of us all here at The Wheatbaker allow me to thank you for taking the time to provide your review of our hotel.

Whilst we are very pleased that you found us to meet your standards, we are sorry we could not get your room temperature absolutely to your requirement. Some Guests do not like their room too chilly, and some like it almost arctic! We will try harder to get it just right for you next time, as with your clothes iron.

As I see you come from California, we will strive to make you feel just as at home as you were with our friends at another nearby hotel named after your home State!

I extend to you our best wishes and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely

Simon & Team

Reviewed 26 April 2017

A really welcoming peaceful environment with very attentive staff. The food was great and i really enjoyed relaxing by the poolside. I have been several times and surprisingly the standards have remained very high. Really impressed and I will definitely continue to come back to my "home away from home".

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear _Abisheart

The team and I here at The Wheatbaker are grateful for your very kind review.

We are pleased to hear we have satisfied your service expectations over your various visits with us.

Please consider yourself one of the Wheatbaker Family!

Kind Regards