All reviews victoria island jazz night room service nice boutique hotel enjoyed my stay nice pool business district main restaurant three nights rooms are clean the ground floor business trip air conditioning indian nigeria shisha cuisine
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Despite stating my preferences in terms of Bathroom type, it wasn't made available.We were then reluctantly "upgraded" to a Focus Room which had a musty smell.TV had loud,piercing sound in background!

Room Tip: Book room in the Main building, there is a poolside/bar that gets pretty loud at Night.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Booked this Hotel in March through Booking.com. I prepaid and got confirmation of my booking only to turn up at the Hotel after an international flight to be told that the Hotel was fully booked and that they couldn't give me a room despite the fact that they had my prepaid and confirmed reservation through Booking.com. There was no senior Manager at the reception desk to attend to my complaint and I was forced to find another Hotel to stay in at further cost to me. As I write, neither Blowfish Hotel nor Booking.com have refunded my payment despite my complaints. I shall not be using either again.

Room Tip: Do not book this Hotel online as you may be sorely disappointed.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a nice boutique hotel in the center of Victoria Island, Lagos you are in the right place. Comfortable rooms and very helpful hotel staff not mentioning the amazing 5 restaurants to dine in...

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Elio H
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Having lived and grew up in Lagos as a child, I never used to book hotels so it was a total new experience for me and I didn't know what to expect.

We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel Ikeja during our duration in Lagos (6th Jan-18th -
I will review separately) and at the weekend we decided to go to Victoria Island and booked into Blowfish as recommended by a good old friend by the name of Folake...

We were 3 in total and booked 2 rooms.

The price was reasonable and the breakfast was simple but efficient. The staff were very attentive and helpful towards us, there was a guy in particular, who we called Dillan Whyte (resembled the heavy weight boxer but a slimmer/smaller version) who we would like to thank but unfortunately did not get his name at the time...he knows we called him Dillan!

The rooms could do with a little maintenance visit, light bulbs need replacing, little cracks here and there but was perfectly habitable for 2 nights. Don't be freaked out by the colour of the water, it is a Victoria Island thing....we used bottle water to brush our teeth :)

Best thing I'd say about the Hotel was the location....you are practically in the middle of everything that Victoria Island has to offer..Night and day spots, on this basis alone, it is worth booking again. Oh and the food menu is extensive but the quality is good too!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

i went to the restaurant at pool side. Twenty minutes later, not even one person came to give the menu. While most were sitting 5 meters at the bar talking.
I cannot say about the menu.
But service is unacceptable!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo