See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 October 2014

I and my team were privileged to do a home coming and get-together in planet one Maryland Lagos it was like every other get-together.. you know, some sort of mixed feelings and unsure expectation....My experience, i mean our experience at the end of the day was like wow....we were blown out of expectation by the warm and wonderful service we got....the well grilled Mongolian-menus took my breath away... the staff were excellent and cautious...... I think i,ll be there pretty soon at least, for some pampered experience..

Room Tip: rooms facing the main entrance...kind of nice..
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2014

If you ever have the opportunity to stay over- or have a Conference in Lagos Maryland I would sincerely advise you not to make use of this Hotel for anything. As a General Manager for a Tourism Company we've booked with them after their Sales team begged me to bring my business to them, but it all ended up in a horror situation where we had to arrange the venues ourselves and the Management were so rude with derogatory remarks and foul language that I have decided never to return again... I am so sorry that my innocent Nigerian colleagues had to see this as some of the Ladies were very upset with what happened.
My advise is to stick to a Brand that works in Africa - Protea Hotels, great people who still understand the meaning of Hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Leslie d
reservation p, Director of Sales at Planet One Hotel and Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2014

Greetings Leslie D,

We highly appreciate your review of our property. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests, is vitally important to us and we always want guest e pertains to be met upon arrival. Per your comments, we understand the importance of satisfying our highly esteemed clients. We have the most effective policy for handling customer relations that have worked for years, especially in highly isolated cases as yours, and the rare incident of the type you refer to have been reviewed under this policy to ensure that such do not occur again. Our services remain flexible and we always put our customers ahead in our operations. We have tested and tried internal procedures under under our service efficiency policy that have never failed so far to achieve our customer relation objectives. We remain completely committed to all of our client's happiness experience with us. Thank you!
Management, Planet One Hotel and Wellness

Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

I would like to firstly say My company will never return again. We were asked to make use of there facilities, so we did, however when we asked for things to get sorted out without being unreasonable. The GM used foul language and refused to assist after we paid for services. We then had to set up the hall on our own. I would advise not to use them at all as there is no client service where you feel bad to ask for anything even though you have paid. I will continue using the services of the protea goup in the area.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JadeJ358

Dear Jade J,
Thank you for taking time to place your review here. We assure you that we take our highly esteemed clients as priority and in rare and isolated cases as such you refer to we have the most effective policy in place that have worked for years to curtail and make sure that such do not repeat itself again. Our services remain flexible and human faced and we remain committed to the happiness of all our clients. Thank you!
Management, Planet One Hotel and Wellness

Reviewed 29 June 2014

well, where do i start. rooms are nice. there were a few issues though, jacuzzi not working, pool closed etc, but overall, it was a good stay. Girls at the desk was pleasant. When my partner and i returned from the trip Bisola who works at the front desk sent my husband a whatsapp message to ask how he was doing. she told him how much she would love to see him again and was asking when he would return to Lagos. Now, im not sure if all the girls at the desk are like this, but ladies watch out. She even started to send pictures of her self. i will attach it to so that everyone can see.

the housemen(cleaners) are really pleasant and well mannered and the bellmen are welcoming. overall (except for the surprise messages from Bisola trying to get too acquainted with my man) everything was great.

Oh, there were not many options for breakfast but what they provided was good. the african omelet was very good. servers are really pleasant

Room Tip: choose an executive room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Mistique B
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I echo the previous poster's comment about having mixed feelings for the place. Planet one sooo gets it right in some places but then manages to get it awfully wrong in other departments. My partner and I found the rooms to be of a decent size with very fine fittings and air-conditioning but that was about it. The breakfast buffet is basic at most, we had the same issue with toast that wasn't toast and very bad coffee, it is worth ordering hot food direct from the menu whilst there is little in the sense of continental choices, we were pleasantly surprised with our lunch and dinner. The swimming pool was out of order throughout our stay and we were promised it would be fixed, it wasn't!.The changeover from NEPA to the generator's is quick but not particularly fluid, this got in the way of my watching a football game. I had to wait a good few mins till the cable satellite reloaded(..this is Lagos though.) Nice assortment of moderately priced beverages and cigars at the bar was a plus. I would stay here again though as I think it represented good value for what it is.

Overall a decent enough hotel if you want to look past the big chain hotels.

Room Tip: Forego the room service and head to the restaurant, it takes age's for food to be delivered.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple