Planet One Hotel and Wellness
  • Breakfast included
US$ 264
US$ 149
Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Once I realised that the location on my mapping programme, just after the police college, is wrong and I found the hotel on the other side of the road close to the Lagos-Ikorodu Express, I was greeted by a friendly Cross Riverian named Bassey, like the majority of people in Calabar, who actually comes from a compound in walking distance (5-10 minutes) from my office.
The room was very spacious, so was the bathroom with walk-in shower and jacuzzi, and, best of all, the first bidet I saw in Nigeria!
The room temperature was an unbearable and humid 28 degrees, it came down to 24 (still not acceptable) degrees by the following morning (14 hours?). Has anybody thought about turning on the AC prior to my arrival? Obviously NOT!
I had dinner in the bar, the 2 staff were very friendly, no complains. The beer was cold, the chicken burger very plain and blunt!
The breakfast the next morning was ridiculous, not toasted toast, butter and jam.There was orange juice and some black fluid served as coffee. They called it continental breakfast, but nobody could tell me from which continent it was.

Would I stay there again? Probably! I paid 118 Euros (162 $, 26.000 Naira) and that's hard to beat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Not a bad place to stay for business. Staff is very good and accommodating. Your probably only going to find a few as good of a hotel in Lagos. Really expensive. Lot's of choices for food without leaving the compound. Recommend Chinese restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Planet One impressed me because it doesn't try to be like the identikit Sheratons or Eko Hotels. The decor gave it the feel of a boutique hotel although the rooms and en suite bathrooms were massive. The bellboys are extremely good although I did have to carry my bag to the reception desk when I came in. Breakfast was nice, I ordered a fry up which was excellent although having to pay for water was bizarre given that juice was free. The location is perfect - it's not too far from the airport, it's ideal for the Lagos-Ibadan expressway and in terms of safety there's a police command and army Cantonment just up the road. Planet One unfortunately falls down on several aspects - firstly the bathrooms - the bath floors and jacuzzi tubs need to be sparkling clean if they wish to compete with a proper 5 star hotel, some of the metal in the sinks etc are a little rusty. The a/c could be colder and the wooden floors could do with a polish BUT all in all if you've ever stayed in a hotel in Lagos you'll realise these are all minor issues. I'd strongly recommend Planet One to any one coming to Lagos

Room Tip: Rooms 134 and 135 back on to the busy traffic of Mobolaji Bank Anthony so if this bothers you avoid them.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed in Planet 1 Hotel 20-28 February 2014. I observed the performance of the hotel from my arrival at the gate, the security were prompt, and they checked our car. At the Reception, as soon as I mentioned my name my reservation was retrieved promptly and was taken to d executive room. After the first night, I wasn't pleased with d shower in the room, I was promptly moved to another beautiful, comfortable and bright room. Their attention to detail and promptness was second to none that I have experienced in other world class hotel. having chosen this hotel on the web with comments from trip advisor & other guests who have been in the hotel. The staff were very polite and courteous. The porters, housekeepers, laundry, electricians,receptionists, restaurant and general administrative staff were professional in their response to requests, Food was glorious, whether its continental or Nigerian original vegetables & fish staples, I varied my daily meals in the hotel, I had no complain at all, I thoroughly enjoyed every meal served, d breakfast was also pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to others and would definitely use this hotel again by God's grace. As a Nigerian, I was pleasantly amazed and happy for the "5*" standard service in this hotel. Very well done, keep up with your professional services. Thank you.

Room Tip: Was on 1st floor facing courtyard, found it comfortable and relaxing. Slept and read comfortably.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Basirat275
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Great location. Food was reasonably priced and was good. The staff are very helpful and I be pleased to return. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel is well situated. The bamboo bar is a great spot for a beer after a long day in the Lagos traffic

• Stayed: February 2014