All reviews office bar victoria island terrace bar sports bar the ground floor live music business hotel reception staff business trip pleasant stay enjoyed my stay rooms are clean spa adrenaline security nigeria power
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Everyone has their opinion so this is mine: Good for leisure, bad for business travellers.
Tried them as I saw the reviews and heard they recently opened. Service is generally not good my opinion and experience and I've stayed everywhere in Lagos except for the Federal Palace. Most things seem an effort for staff and dont go the extra mile. (feels like they dont want to be there???) Food is boring and bland. My biggest bugbear about this hotel is that EVERYTHING is slow! Found it amusing that the business centre doesnt print or bind documents, but has two laptops to check email....whoohoo. The major plus is the gym, spa and pool - hence the leisure comment. Location is not great except if you want to meet with Diamond Bank or Mobil. Traffic is manic around the hotel - which is not your friend when you want to get around Lagos. Sorry, its back to the Southern Sun Ikoyi for me.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2011

dishonest staff, messy, noisy, sweaty floors, unreliable electrical supply, minimal facilities in the rooms, wireless network only available at reception, small bathrooms .... let me think... 1 positive: top floor views if you are in a corner room

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Frenchy72_11
StarwoodNigeria, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2011

I am sorry to hear you did not entirely enjoy your last stay at the Four Points Lagos. The valuable comments you've made will be looked into and improved as it is our standard to always maintain high levels of cleanliness and service excellence in all areas. I sincerely wish you would join us again sometime soon where we can display our usual top level service and Nigerian hospitality.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

I have spent several months in Lagos hotels and have to say that the Four Points is by far the best hotel in Lagos. Rooms are brand new, nicely furnished and very clean. There is a choice of good quality restaurants and bars in the hotel and the best Spa and Gym I have seen in Nigeria.
The single best thing about the Four Points is its super-friendly and helpful Staff, that make every stay memorable.
Compared to European hotels, the price is rather high. But in comparison to the competition in Lagos prices are in line, and you definitely get the highest value for your Naira here.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank goupoboy
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We stayed for a weekend at the hotel and we were very much impressed by this brand new property. The interior is very modern and bright and the rooms and bathrooms are spacious and beautiful designed. All the staff members are very well trained and were all extremely friendly and helpful during our stay. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great and food was excellent. Later at night we had a fantastic evening at the Sports Bar, that turned into a Club on Saturday night.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paris104
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I’d be surprised if you get better than this in Lagos

CHECKIN & LOBBY: well-staffed, modern, 4/5 star hotel style. Typical western standard – only small detail and it’s a bit strange is that they do not accept Amex! Lobby is bright, clean with lots of places to sit. There is a coffee dock. The sports bar (not bad at all), pool (nice but a bit cold) are accessible from here.

ROOM & BATHROOM: Nice! Lots of lights, pillows, very clean, nice bathroom etc. Nothing negative to say. Strange thing was one curtain was missing but when I called they got this sorted out.

LOCATION: Watch out where you’re based in Lagos – it’s quite vast and if you’re far from where you need to go you could be looking at hours spent in traffic. This is on or close to Victoria Island – quite a way (around 1hr30mins in very light traffic) to the airport. The immediate locality did not seem nice. Probably best to stay in hotel. People advised me not to venture out of there (espec at night) unless in a car.

BREAKFAST and DINNER: Good – nice choices. Buffet style. They had an annoying little coffee machine for the morning that only gave very small cups of coffee but that’s a small detail. Foodwise overall: good to very good.

NICE TOUCH: internet connection was good
POOR TOUCH: Business center could not print a document for me. Seemed very basic – one photocopier/printer was all I could see. BUT, it’s a new hotel so perhaps this will get sorted out over time.

SECURITY & STAFF: Feels secure, but of course here as anywhere you got to keep a watch out.

WOULD I STAY AGAIN: Definitely. Pleasure to be here.

OVERALL 4.5/5. It’s a little small and lacks nice grounds and outdoor pool, hot-tub etc. for 5/5. Shame they chose such a tight site, but still it’s close to 5/5.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business