Hacienda Merida(Isla de Ometepe)(Great Value!)
US$ 24
  • Beachfront
Finca Mystica(Isla de Ometepe)
US$ 26
US$ 34
US$ 69
US$ 60
  • Pool
Hotel Villa Paraiso(Isla de Ometepe)
US$ 85
US$ 74
Xalli Ometepe Beach Hotel(Playa Santo Domingo)
US$ 62
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewscold showerclean roomsthree nightslakeometepehikeparadisemoyogalpa
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Average little, Family place. Love The playa Right in front of The hotel. Average food, nice people. Totally not a 5 star but comfortable. We were only using It to sleep since We wanted to explore The Island, so, We got What We expected. We visited some nice places during our 2 day stay learned some history while at One of their museums.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MagdalenaSolorzano
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

We didn't stay here but have eaten at the restaurant multiple times. The food is surprisingly good! Slightly pricey for Nicaragua, but all of the other nearby restaurants cost just as much if not more.

The chicken and steak were both tender and had great flavor. The salad was crisp, had multiple different vegetables and a delicious mustard vinaigrette. The cocktails were strong and tasty.

I would definitely recommend if you are staying nearby. There are not a lot of other options.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank dsmith54321
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

The chimichuri steak and fries and the pork dinner were good. It's the only good place to eat dinner. The rooms are very overpriced for what they are. The people are pretty friendly. The beach is nice.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lil085
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

I never write reviews, but I had to with this experience.

The lady at the front desk treated me like I was an inconvenience right away, but the main issue was that after me and my wife got to our cabana we pulled the sheets down and to our utmost horror we discovered an enormous layer of dead bugs on the under portion of the top sheet, I am not talking about a few bugs, I'm talking about hundreds and hundreds of of random squashed insects. I'm sure that this was probable from putting the sheet out to dry on the line (or maybe from laying on the ground in the jungle??????), but it was the most disturbing and disgusting thing that I have ever seen at a hotel (I've traveled the Congo in Africa).

The straw that broke the camels back was the fact that when I brought this sheet to the front desk to get a replacement, the girl acted again like I was an inconvenience and thought nothing of the disgusting sheet. When I would say things that she didn't understand, instead of helping me she would look at me, blank faced, like I was an idiot.

Upon returning to my room after this ordeal I realized the cable wasn't working either and I thought "why not" so I went to the front desk to say that it wasn't working and to ask if it ever works, she said very shortly that "it should be working". I said again that it wasn't, she said that she would send someone to fix it. An hour later no one has come, I go back and ask if someone is still coming (because I needed to go to bed) and she says no because there is a technical difficulty.

My only other negatives about the hotel is that almost all of the chairs in the lobby are not only covered in spider webs, but actually have spiders crawling around in them, in plain site.
Some are larger too which brings me to believe whoever they have handling their cleaning is just terrible.

The food was good. The waiter however was an awful person. He was very short and acted (like the front desk lady) that we were an inconvenience. I had to go find him after we paid to give him his tip and he even acted like I was an inconvenience then. I did run into one waiter that was helpful however.

This place is in a great location and pretty. I would not stay here again though even if I was paid.

I would just suggest that the owner fires the lady at the front desk, the maid taking care of room 11, and a few of the waiters. Keep the cooks;)

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Rooms are like cabins, basics but comfortable, with it own mini terraza, where we could sit and admire the birds around. Wi-Fi is only in the terraza, lobby and restaurant. I like very much the restaurant, staff very friendly and food delicious. In the afternoon you can relax at the lake with a view to the volcano. Only uncomfortable experience was renting bikes, I cannot recall the name but it wasn't nice to us.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends