My hubby & I went to Redang in May and stayed in Berjaya Redang Beach Resort. The beach is great because its private except a small part which I understand is for public used because the resort needs to comply to the requirements in order to obtain a near private beach cove.
We flew there by Berjaya Air and the experience wasnt a great one because the seats were dirty and plane is old. But I think they are planning to upgrade them soon I hope! Nevertheless, it got us there safe & sound.
Check-in was not good. Nearly all of us from the plane is staying at the resort so when the airport transfer (a bus) dropped us off at the resort, there were so many guest checking in. We had to queue up and waited for quite some time for our own check-in to be completed (10 mins!).
Finally when we got to our room, 1st things was the breathtaking view that caught us. It was wonderful! Then we realized they got the wrong arrangement of beds (2 instead of 1). They apologize and upgraded us to the suite instead. Well, what can I say, the suite was great! But we only stayed there for 1 night out of our 3 nights there.
On the 2nd & 3rd night, we were placed back to the room we originally reserved but only to find out its different from the 1st room we got! Apparently, they screwed up from the beginning. It would really help that they set our expectations right in the first place and not make our stay there so disappointing.
Nevertheless, the staff were friendly. Food is extremely expensive but you have an alternative restaurant located just outside the resort.! The breakfast buffet wasnt that great as well. The last time we went there, there were flies hovering over the fruits!
Well, the best part for us is the suite and beach and of course the restaurant outside the resort. The rest was a bit of disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘The Taaras’ is a bespoke Private Beach Residence, tucked away and hidden from the outside world on a small Island found just off the unspoilt East Coast of tropical Malaysia. Considered to be one of the most beautiful Island locations in the South China Sea, the Isle of Redang is home to our natural, yet stylish resort found on one of the most spectacular bays surrounded by one of the bluest oceans on earth. The resorts ethos is to provide a contemporary, barefoot luxury experience with warm Asian hospitality, remembered with a smile long into the future. The name of the property is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘TAARA’, meaning ‘Star or Apple of my eye’ as well as ‘Goddess of the Sea’ which are all represented and epitomised by our mermaid figurehead. The resort is managed by The Taaras Luxury Group, and was formerly known as Berjaya Redang Resort managed by Berjaya Hotels and Resorts. With the stylish suites and rooms, as well as a stunning five bedroom Private Villa perched high up on the cliff overlooking the ocean and resort below. The resort boasts commissioned furniture and bespoke photography of Redang Island and the landscapes of Malaysia. Each suite or room contains oversized beds and hand-picked linens and fabrics for your comfort. Most rooms and all suites have larger washrooms containing both bath tub and separate rain or monsoon shower (some with spa bathtubs looking out over the rainforest or the bay). Most residences have an outdoor balcony or verandah and our suites at the top of the cliff summit have spectacular views over the beach and ocean below. For clients who prefer or require further privacy ‘The Cliff Private Villa Bay & Sea View’, our private five bedroom residence perched high up on the cliff more than meets the requirements; private access, a Villa Host at your ‘beck and call’ as well as twenty four hour security; should it be a necessary requirement. The residence also enjoys a sixteen meter Infinity swimming pool, personal fitness room and both interior and exterior lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Redang Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Redang
- Berjaya Redang Beach Hotel
- Berjaya Redang Beach Resort
- Hotel Berjaya Redang Beach