Not much to do besides eat, drink, kayaking and snorkeling in the island. It is the only resort and with one restaurant its kind of what you do "relax". If you go for snorkeling, the coral garden is incredible (green, purple, blue, white corals), big vast area special on this days tha you can not find such variety in one spot. Food is OK, average and room very simple with just the basics.
Kayaking to Redang was nice and easy then take the oportunity to take a walk and snorkle as well. For my surprise they will charge you for the use of those, even in most of resort I have been non motorized sport are ususally free. Not sure about the swimming pool, I don't think there is one or at least what it looks like for me and the boys it was not it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort have 45 sea frontage villas, comprising of 2 suites, 4 hideaway Villas, 4 Premier Villas and 35 water villas. All villas are equipped with air conditioning and king sized beds with aside lounger. All villas have a balcony with a swing chair for your convenience. Villas are all ensuite with a toilet and shower room. The resort is built on the ridges of the coastline, thus preserving the hills and its natural physical formation. There is a main beach and 2 other smaller beach for your private use. There is a restaurant where all meals are served there. Seaport facilities like kayaking and snorkelling are also available. Guided snorkelling is also available upon request with minimum of 4 pax. Airport transfer can be arrange upon request with some charges. Rates are available on our official website. Thank you and hope to see you in Gem Island soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Gem Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gem Island Hotel Marang
- Gem Island Resort And Spa
- Gem Island Resort & Spa Marang, Terengganu, Malaysia