We stayed at Gem Island for 3D 2N on the recreation package. For this, we were given a water villa, full board (eating a set menu - although the food was delicious and as a non-meat eater they accommodated my needs), boat transfer from Marang and use of snorkel equipment and kayak. We had such a wonderful time that we actually went back for another night two days later, whilst we were still in the area! The room was comfortable and clean; I particularly enjoyed sitting in the swing seat on the balcony, admiring the view of the crystal clear waters and white beaches of the neighbouring Pulau Kapas. As already stated, the food was delicious and portions generous. What really impressed us was the service - all of the staff (waitering staff, cleaning staff, reception staff, recreation centre staff) were friendly, helpful and seemed to go that extra mile to ensure an enjoyable stay. We went on a snorkelling trip and enjoyed the seeing the corals, clown fish, angel fish... beware of the jelly fish! Had such a lovely time, will definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort have 45 sea frontage villas, comprising of 2 suites, 4 hideaway Villas, 4 Premier Villas and 35 water villas. All villas are equipped with air conditioning and king sized beds with aside lounger. All villas have a balcony with a swing chair for your convenience. Villas are all ensuite with a toilet and shower room. The resort is built on the ridges of the coastline, thus preserving the hills and its natural physical formation. There is a main beach and 2 other smaller beach for your private use. There is a restaurant where all meals are served there. Seaport facilities like kayaking and snorkelling are also available. Guided snorkelling is also available upon request with minimum of 4 pax. Airport transfer can be arrange upon request with some charges. Rates are available on our official website. Thank you and hope to see you in Gem Island soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Gem Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gem Island Hotel Marang
- Gem Island Resort And Spa
- Gem Island Resort & Spa Marang, Terengganu, Malaysia