We stayed a week at SWV early April. From the airport we were whisked away to SWV's very comfortable van that will take us on a long, bumpy but picturesque route to Semporna Jetty. (1hr) At the jetty, all we had to do was to step on the the boat as the crew took care of our dive bags and other luggage. We had the boat all to ourselves so it felt very luxe! At least 5-10 staffs were waiting at the dock when the boat arrived. Perhaps, noting that we've been traveling all morning, the attentive staff suggest that we proceed to the dining area for lunch before check-in and dive briefing.
Our chalet is located on the furthest point to the lobby area. It may be a pain on certain days to walk back and forth our rooms and dive center, it was very quiet and private with the windows opening out to the sea and a nearby resort. The chalet was huge, sufficient for three adults (or more); it was a nice touch too, having a set of deck chairs. As our chalet is quite far away from the well-lit lobby and dining areas, it was dark enough for us to see the really wonderful skies. Also, the sound of sea, crashing waves makes them a perfect spot for stargazing (particularly in December during the annual Geminids meteor showers)
Yes, some may say rooms are aged, but it was very well maintained, clean and comfortable, perfect for lounging around after an awfully early, long dive day.
I'll come back to SWV simply because of two points
1) unlimited house reef dives Paradise 1 and Paradise 2. Cuttlefish! Dueling turtles! Lone barracuda and crocodile fish! on top of top rate diving @ Sipadan.
2) well-organized dive center. It drives me up the wall when dive centers do not have an effective system on equipment handling, storage and dying areas. I like the fact that each divers are assigned a locker number and "bcd-reg" hanging area and thorough briefings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sipadan Water Village is a resort built entirely over the water on stilts. In its design, Sipadan Water Village has achieved near utopia in its layout, splendid water cottage accommodations with flowered sidewalks, wonderfully prepared Asian and Continental cuisine, and impeccable and personable service! The dive program is comparable to none as everyone at Sipadan Water Village has an attitude and passion for what the sea has to offer. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sipadan Water Village Hotel Pulau Sipadan
- Sipadan Water Village Pulau