1,727 results
All reviewssri nelayan restaurantmain restaurantbeach bardeluxe chaletdive centrefishrengis islandmain gatetekek villagedinner buffetsmall islandwater activitiescoral islandbeautiful beachmonitor lizardsbeach frontmarine life
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We had an amazing time there , this property is quite big , our stay was just infront of sea , lovely crustal clear blue water , they offer wide range of activity , snorkeling , diving ,etc, we couldn't have asked more , beautiful pace, lovely people , amazing staff , awesome pool , great breakfast . Oh I wish I could go back in time !!

Room Tip: Just go for it , with family or solo you will love it
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shraddh
GMSonny, General Manager at Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Shraddh,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay. I really appreciate the comments about the activities, staff, pool and breakfast, I will certainly share these with the team for further encouragement and improvement of services. Overall, I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay here, thank you for the great review and we hope to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

NO PLAN TO DO SAME MISTAKE AGAIN. BE CAREFULL IF YOU BOOK ROOM IN BERJAYA.
It is ridiculous after spending so much of money has got so many bed bugs. My family planned to stay at Berjaya at Tioman for 2 days between 21-23 Oct.
After reaching home in Singapore on 23 Oct, realize my son and I have got lots of bed bugs bites.
I am very much disappointed, not expecting Berjaya to ignore cleanliness.
AirCon in the rooms were not cooling at all, when we called reception the person who came to assist said, aircon needs to be changed, he just topped up the gas and went away.
In Langkawi, we had wonderful experience at Berjaya therefore we opted for Berjaya in Tioman.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Sharad M
GMSonny, General Manager at Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Sharad M,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay. Would appreciate if you may contact us directly to furnish us the details of your booking, as we are very concerned about your claim of bed bugs and would like to get our pest control contractors to investigate this matter. Our housekeeping team work hard to ensure the cleanliness of our rooms are maintained, moreover, as our beds are made of coconut fiber, we are confident that the chances of having bed bugs are very slim, which this lead us to suspect the bites might be caused by sand flies from the public beach. My sincerest apologies for the room defect and the lack of service delivered by the maintenance staff, I will certainly share these with the departments for further reviews and actions. Once again, thank you for the review and sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

One of the better resort in tioman. Food is good. People are friendly. Gorgeous view. Waters is very clean & blue. When snorkelling & was rewarded with beautiful scenery of corals & fish. Seen a shark at renggis destination.

Very very poor signal of wifi. Extremely slow connection. Nothing much the resort or island can offer except snorkel or diving. Bathroom could be cleaner.

A short weekend getaway should be sufficient if not place can get a lil boring after that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Pei Wen L,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay. I really appreciate the comments about the food, staff friendliness and snorkeling, I will certainly share these with the team for further encouragement and improvement of services. My sincerest apologies for the wifi and washroom cleanliness, I will certainly share these with the departments for further reviews and actions, and wifi is indeed a challenge on the island subject to the weather change. By the way, we do offer other varieties of activities ranging from jungle trekking, discover golf for beginner to kayak. Overall, I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay here, thank you for the great review and we hope to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The island is beautiful, nobody could or should argue that. For the price paid the resort was spot on. I agree with many others on the tired rooms but it wasn't too big a thing for us. We enjoyed a spectacular half day snorkelling trip at a very reasonable price, loved the lunch food and the buffet style dinner. The resort is staffed by hundreds but still just feels a bit unloved around the edges. I would go again and would recommend to friends as well. It isn't a top hotels of the world kind of place but certainly is a top place to go to relax and have fun. I suppose it depends on budget and time as to what you go for. Tioman is worth a visit definitely, for the price here you can't go too far wrong.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear richardandkids,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay. I really appreciate the comments about the lunch and dinner, I will certainly share these with the team for further encouragement and improvement of services. We have just recently completed few stages of refurbishment project and shall continue the next stage this November, but such project consumes time and more stages to cover the entire resort. Overall, I am glad that you had a relaxing and fun stay here, thank you for the great review and we hope to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Five days in Tioman was just what we needed and despite it being near to the monsoon season, we were very lucky with the weather. Tioman is a spectacular place and should definitely be on everyones’ to do list in Asia.
The Berjaya resort is nice, however, there are a few things that could definitely be improved. Communication about ferry arrangements could be better as we had to a lot of asking rather than being informed from the resort. The different options weren’t made clear enough and I feel that this should be communicated as soon as a booking is made.
The actual resort is large and set in stunning scenery with tree topped hills on one side and a very nice beach area on the other. The facilities are good and there are lots of activities on offer every day. The snorkelling to Rengiss Island was fantastic and the clear water and tropical fish made it very special. The golf course looked nice too and I would have been tempted to play if it was a little less expensive. Maybe a promotion on the price could have been given seeing as the resort was so quiet.
The food options were good with the Thai restaurant and the beef rendang in the main restaurant being highlights. There could have possibly been more choice at breakfast time but it was generally okay. The staff were very nice, although they did seem overworked at times and we also enjoyed the beach bar with its happy hour.
We stayed in a superior chalet and we expected it to be much nicer than it actually was. It was very outdated, especially the bathroom. There was damp on the walls in a few places and it was badly in need of a refurbishment. The air conditioning was very weak and the fan was very noisy.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Berjaya Tioman and would recommend it to others as it was pretty reasonable for its price. However, much more care of the rooms must be given as it did look very tired. Tioman is a very special place and the resort should try and match this by offering a much more modern level of accommodation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg P

Dear Greg P,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay. I really appreciate the comments about the snorkeling, food and staff, I will certainly shared these with the team for further encouragement and improvement of services. My sincerest apologies for communication on ferry arrangement and points noted about the golf rate and breakfast selection, I will certainly share these with the departments for further reviews and actions. We have recently completed few stages of refurbishment project and shall continue the next stage this November, but such project consume time and more stages to cover the entire resort. Once again, thank you for the review and we hope to welcome you back in a not too distant future.