We took a mid week break to Tioman, with our youngest adult son visiting from the US. We had heard that the island was a relatively unspoiled jungle environment, with great snorkeling and a very relaxing atmosphere and were extremelly pleased with what we encountered.
We purchased a package deal that included bus transportation from Singapore and the ferry from Mersing. The trip took more than 6 hours (each way) but the destination was well worth it. ADVICE: go for a 4 day package, a 3 day package including the travel time is too short.
We had a nice comfortable room right on the beach with sufficient space for the additional bed. Breakfast was included in the package and it was pretty good. For lunch (which was not included in our package) we went ala carte and it was very good. We were well pleased with the food quality and service at the resort.
However for dinner we went to the seafood restaurant just outside of the resort which was really good, it is a simple open air strucutre but the fresh fish and seafood was delicious and the service was very friendly. Although they did not sell alcohol, we could bring our own wine and beer (buy it at one of the local duty free shops) and the restaurant even provided wine glasses and an ice bucket, we ate dinner there every night of our stay.
The hotel activities desk was very helpful and we went on the organized jungle trek and the snorkeling trip, both of which were very worth while. The snorkeling at the little island just off the resort was great.
We very much enjoyed out time at the Berjaya resort and on Tioman and will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Ctrip TA so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel