Located on the scenic Tioman Island, near Tekek Village, the Berjaya Tioman Resort boasts the best, and most numerous facilities of any resort on Tioman Island. Furthermore, the Berjaya Tioman Resort is located directly in front of the Renggis Island diving spot, which is accessible via its own jetty.
Ambience at Berjaya Tioman Resort is superb, being located beside the beach. You'll be able to catch the beautiful sunrise / sunset, and the waters are clear enough that you'll be able to see some corals near the beach. At night, stars are clearly visible.
We stayed at the Berjaya Tioman Resort Superior Chalet, with came with complimentary breakfast at the Sri Nelayan Coffee House Restaurant. I found the Superior Chalet to be comfortable enough, with proper beds, bathroom facilities, mini pantry, and even air-conditioning. No kitchen or dining area though, but eating out isn't an issue.
Food at Sri Nelayan Coffee House Restaurant is pretty decent, with a choice of buffet style or ala-carte. We didn't eat at any of the other restaurants and bars here, because there was cheap local food and beers just outside the resort.
Service at Berjaya Tioman Resort is excellent. We noted that staff would clean litter from the beaches and resort in the early morning, ensuring that visitors would wake up to a clean and beautiful scene. They also cleared sand from the outdoor showers, and will tidy the rooms in the afternoon. Staff at Berjaya Tioman Resort are able to converse in English, friendly, helpful and very efficient. The staff are actually quartered just beside the resort.
Facilities & Activities
Tioman Island is known for its Beaches and Diving Sites. Not surprisingly, water activites such as Snokeling and Scuba Diving are among the most popular activities offered by Berjaya Tioman Resort. The lobby has a list of packages for your choice.
Tip: You'll generally be able to bargain for a slightly lower price, or for a package to include more activities. Also, the timings of the various activities are semi-negotiable.
For those who aren't keen on water activities, the numerous other indoor and outdoor land based facilities and activities offered by Berjaya Tioman Resort should keep you occupied. More popular activities include the Jungle Trek, Massage / Spa or Golf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Ctrip TA so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel