1,747 results
All reviews sri nelayan restaurant main restaurant games room renggis island beach bar deluxe chalet dive centre fish main gate tekek village dinner buffet small island water activities monitor lizards relaxing holiday scuba diving beach front
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The resort is far from new and not all the villas are in perfect shape, but they are in a process of refurbishing little by little. So try to get the better ones – we liked very much our "superior chalet", right next to the beach.
The location is excellent, the resort's ground is beautifully managed, the people are friendly. You have a long beach at your disposal, two very nice pools and more than decent food, if you choose half board or all inclusive. Of course, a la carte is better and you have what to choose from.
You can also look for fresh seafood outside the hotel compound, in small places along the road. The food is tasty, but keep in mind that many of them look very shabby and some are a little dirty.
Boat trips, car trips and other activities are easy to book within the hotel. They even have a golf course and remarkable surroundings.

Tioman island is wonderful if you plan to relax, eat, swim, snorkel and dive.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrei C
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just came back from my "Sweet Honeymoon" trip from Berjaya Tioman (2-4June12). What a disappointment!

Upon reaching the resort, check-in was not much a hassle. I was then told by a bellboy to wait for transport to take me to my room. After waiting for 10min, no transport is seen and that bellboy left me waiting and he himself walk another guests to their room. Leaving with no choice, I ask another bellboy on the transport I could take and I was told to wait further. I was tired after travelling for 6 hours to reach the resort. I told the bellboy that I had waited for more than 10 mins and he then ask me to board a transport which could drop me on the way.

Finally, I reached the standard room. This is where I was greeted by the great disappointed after a long journey here. As highlighted by many reviews, the room is indeed badly worn out. I'm wondering how would a 4* room look like this. The washroom looks really old. Worst still the spring mattress feel like it was used for more than 15 years. Wanted to take a rest but not able to turn on the aircond. Call the reception but no one came after 20mins. Called again and I was told they will check with maintenance dept again. So the wait continues. After 70mins, I call the reception again. They try to tell me the same but this time I request to talk to the manager. After talking to the manager, Mariah, the maintenance guy came in 5 mins. Imagine after travelling for 6 hours to reach the resort and stuck in the room with no air cond for more than 1 hours without able to get proper rest.

Nevertheless, the buffet breakfast and BBQ dinner were not bad. Not superior in quality but with great variety. The BBQ dinner is included in package for a night. But it is not worth to pay for RM70/person for the dinner. A good option is to have your dinner at the Malay stall right outside of the resorts. A plate of chicken,
Vege and a fish cost RM35 for 2 person. Lunch will cost you around RM6 per person.

I decided not to go for the discover scuba and switch to snorkelling instead. I was charged RM5/person for the switch. The life jacket and snorkel equipment are in good condition. Swimming pool facilities is good but the water seems not clear. No good vision when you are in the water. The Ayura Massage is good and relaxing.

On the last night, I had a big action in my room. Was ordered by my wife to get rid of a big cockroach in the room. The room was back to its calm after 10 mins. Though you still can hear sound from the room beside and upstairs.

I would not be back to this resorts again. And I would not be considering Berjaya Redang which is in my plan after visiting Berjaya Tioman. I think the resorts really need a re-rating.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank Eric-YP
MichaelTan, General Manager at Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We have taken note of your comments over the lack of attention from the Front Office and Engineering staff. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Your stay happened to be the peak of our occupancy (being a Public and school holiday), also our busiest time of the year reflected in the greater number of check in and check out. This has delayed sending of guest to the rooms.

Rest assure that your comment have been taken very seriously and highlighted to respective Department Heads for immediate action and follow up.

Once again my most sincere apologies. We hope you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves when we can welcome you back with an assurance we will serve you better.

Tan Seng Chye

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We were at this resort from 28 to 31 May 2012 (4D/3N). We stayed at Deluxe Chalet and it was a beautiful, spacious, clean and comfortable chalet. The hotel service was superb.- from check in to check out. The sea water was crystal clear. We had a good swim in the sea and the most we enjoyed was snorkeling, In short, we had a whale of a time there.

Room tip: Get the deluxe room as it is beachfront. You can really admire the beauty especially the sunset.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ahari2007
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I recently spent 7 nights at the Berjaya resort in a standard chalet, the room was spacious, clean and tidy, the bed was very comfortable, and the Air con in the room was a great relief to the heat in tioman! The bathroom was nice enough with solar powered heating. The resort itself has a few pool`s to choose from and a number of restaurants, the buffet dinner/lunch is certainly worth the 70 ringgits at least once not so good for the waistline though!
The main reason for my visit to tioman was for the diving, I had originally researched another dive company to dive with however on arriving at the resort I found out that they had their own 5 * Padi dive centre so I gave them ago. They were excellent and catered for everything. A big Thanks to tom & zack. The diving itself was very good I just hope the visibility is better next time!
It’s worth doing and excursion for the day be it snorkelling or darting round the island as there is not much to do in the resort itself apart from relax and eat, there is a Filipino band that play in the evening, they are worth a listen for sure, you may even find yourself getting up for a dance!

I would certainly recommend the Berjaya as a great stay especially for diving and relaxation

Room tip: Ask for a room near the beach front for a view of the Sea.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rdfdr78
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Having read some of the reviews we were worried to be really honest - but actually we found the place quite charming and better than expected.

When we arrived we were collected efficiently and in a very friendly way by the hotel staff. It's only a short 5min drive from the airport and got checked in nice and quickly at reception.

We were nervous about the room but were surprised that it was nicely appointed, clean and actually quite charming. We might have been lucky but had no complaints at all about the room. It was clean and bug free. One thing to remember - it's pretty much a hotel on a beach so there will be bugs, sand and exposed to the elements, you have to come with that in mind - it's not 5* luxury but is nice.

It's a huge resort (and I mean huge). We were there in lowish season so it was pretty quiet but suspect that if the place might get pretty crowded and potentially unpleasant.

Beach was nice, big, open and very clean. Recommend getting a bit away from the main pool to get a quieter and more remote place to lie.

Food was poor to average - had the buffet and almost everything was just above blood temperature so expected the old "dickie tummie". Lots of choice but all seemed to have been sitting for a while and would advise that you are careful with some of your choices.

Staff - friendly but at points they were a bit thin on the ground and we had to go searching for them.

All in all - better than we expected but not the 4* and could be a different experience when full.

Tip - take a trip to the local shops on foot rather than paying the toppy shop prices.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple