Stayed 2 nights at the Berjaya Tioman. It was nice coming back to a clean and comfortable room after a long day out. The deco could do with a bit of updating though. The furnishings look like they've been there since the 1980s. The service staff were excellent.
The beach in front of the resort was quiet and clean but you really have to take a boat out to see any marine life. Renggis Island just a 2 minute boat ride from the resort is one of the better snorkelling sites, in my opinion. The marine park really isn't worth visiting.
The only thing I was really disappointed about is that smoking is allowed IN the swimming pool and at the swim up bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel