Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia
Minang Cove Resort(Pulau Tioman)
US$ 173
US$ 159
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 122
US$ 101
  • Restaurant
Tioman Dive Resort(Pulau Tioman)
US$ 68
US$ 82
US$ 48
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Beach Shack Tioman(Pulau Tioman)(Great Value!)
US$ 46
US$ 411
US$ 271
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Bagus Place Retreat(Pulau Tioman)
US$ 273
1,655 results
All reviewssri nelayan restaurantmain restaurantrenggis islandbeach bardeluxe chaletfishmain gatetekek villagedinner buffetsmall islandwater activitiesbeautiful beachala cartemarine lifemonitor lizardsbeach frontscuba diving
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The bus waiting at Tekek airport was a welcome sight after a rickety flight, and this regular bus service proved a useful convenience for the days following when we ventured out of the resort.
Our reception was warm (in both senses of the word) and welcome (although a little chaotic and disorganised), until, that was, we were presented with a disclaimer (to sign) waiving the resorts responsibility to accidents and loss of all kinds. Whilst this is (and was) typical practice prior to undertaking any activities at the resort, it seemed excessive and dismissive of the resort to present such a legal document at check-in. We paid up front, so we had little choice in the matter – so I suggest you consider if you are happy waiving your rights to potential negligence before booking here!
The resort is over 20 years old. And whilst every effort is made to keep the resort clean and tidy, the age definitely shows, in particular with the ‘superior room’ we stayed in. I would go as far as to say that it was not commensurate with the asking price. However, the resort is the largest one in Tioman and is quite a bit cheaper that than the higher ranking resorts on this island (which were fully booked).
The views were lovely and the resort was surprisingly quiet for its size, attracting quite a few families and large groups.
The staff were friendly and helpful, making our staying interesting and comfortable. I would like to thank Din and Salem specifically for their assistance during our stay. We thoroughly enjoyed the water activities and the jungle trek (but watch out for mosquitoes (and apparently dangerous snakes!)).
The main dining area is large and we likened it to a tropical ‘canteen’. Whilst al a carte is available, it is clear that the main dining area is better suited to buffet service (both food quality and service). Whilst all was edible, nothing was spectacular. The coriander seeds restaurant on the other hand was a delectable experience. In fact, this was a major highlight during our stay. Food (in particular BBQ seafood) is also readily available outside the resort as well and I would encourage visitors to venture out and sample the real Malaysia.
I would also encourage a visit to Juara on the other side of the island which IMO is a better and quieter place to stay.
Whilst the cost of activities and food at the resort was not what I considered expensive, the prices were higher than the local prices. So, you can subsist without leaving the resort and not break the bank or freely travel (with the free bus service) into town for cheaper alternatives.
I would recommend this resort for family and group holidays, but if you want something more private and special (and can afford it) I would consider the higher ranking (smaller but more expensive) resorts on the island. If you are a backpacker I would suggest Cheers in Tekek or the huts in Juara which are cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Rooms a little tired but clean. Staff are polite and keen to please. Pool great for kids with crazy slides. Beach is clean and private. If you're tired of hotel food, there are local restaurants outside the resort accessible by foot but also serviced by overpriced local taxis. Will return to Tioman!

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank cranmoremum
Reviewed 28 April 2012

+ incredible island
+ incredible beach
+ we had a standard, but sea view room, it was unforgetable experience
+ infrastructure, fitness, boat tours etc...
+ nature (forest, watrefalls and sea)
+ shuttle to town

- restaurant(s) in the hotel are expensive, and food is not great (we tried 3 of them, food was ok, like 5/10, but for that price you can hope to have something better quality)
- a bit far from Tekek village (15 min walk under heat)
- expensive internet, bike rent and other rents (compared to village)

Room Tip: ask room 507, 508 or 509!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank evgueny1
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed at the berayja in February and loved it so much that we extended our stay just to savour he excellent ffod and enjoy the service from the lovely staff at the resort

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My family and I, all 12 of us spent 4 days 3 night at this resort. There is no complains about the location of course, Tioman Island is truly a paradise. The resort is massive with the pool, cafe and beach bar over looking the sea. Its a sight for sore eyes.
The staff at the resort are really great. They consist of mostly locals from the island itself. Very friendly and very helpful.
The swimming pool is great for kids and adults. There are slides, baby pool and a jacuzzi. There is a pool bar but it's rather small and it closes way to early (around 6.30pm) in my opinion. There were not enough pool chairs around the pool area and guest were always fighting to get one. The resort really should look into this.
The breakfast buffet has a really wide spread but the taste is very average. The coffee taste horrible and the most disappointing things was there was no "Teh Tarik" (Malaysian style tea). Being a resort in Malaysia, it's disappointing that they don't have our most famous drink for Malaysian's and visitors from around the world to enjoy.
The dinner buffet was a big spread and the taste was ok. On one of the nights the dinner buffet was BBQ and that was really good. The had a good spread of BBQ meat which included Satay which a must try local delicacy.
The only complain for me was the chalets. Although on this trip we stayed in the standard chalet but I have stayed in the better chalets on a previous visit. I must say that for around RM400 above per night for the standard chalet, the chalet is very old and very run down. They really need to refurbish them. I would expect a lot better from a 4 Star resort.
Also before I forget, they charge RM 5 for ice that they will deliver in a plastic bag to your room. I have never stayed in a resort where they charge for ice!

Room Tip: Get the chalets closer to the pool or you will have to walk a long way for breakfast/dinner.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family