All reviewscoffee housemanager mrbbq dinnerhousekeeping ladyclean beachfasting monthan extra bedupon checksmall kidspublic holidaypleasant stayenvironment
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Poor amenities and difficult to find food. The rooms is not in good condition and moreover the safety of guests staying here. The back end of this hotel the fence facing to the seaside is quite sloppy and easy access to outside from the seaside. Not to mention the lighting's behind is not very visible and not bright.
As for getting the food, need to get it from outside.
Guess the best option is try to get a better place to stay rather choose this one if you have a choice.

Room Tip: None, except the seaside view room is good in the daylight .
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GBRPD, General Manager at The Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear RemingtonWan,
Thank you for your review which I have shared with the rest of my managers and staff. We apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
The resort faces onto posibly the best stretch of beach in Port Dickson and we have in place a wire fence so as not to spoil the view of the beach/sea. Security wise, our CCTV cameras are manned 24 hours a day and the lighting is sufficient to track movement around the resort grounds.
With regards food, our Sri Kelana restaurant is open from 6:30 in the morning until 10 at night. Our staff would have gladly recommended a few restaurants nearby, some within walking distance and others a few minutes drive away.
best regards
Mark Ferguson

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Stayed here in July 2017 for one night. Apart from the distance one has to go to find restaurants and shops, this hotel is pretty good for the price you pay. My room was good enough though it may need some work.

2  Thank Joseph D
GBRPD, General Manager at The Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Joseph D,
Thank you for your review which I have shared with my team at the Grand Beach Resort.
regards
Mark Ferguson

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

1st of all i would like to congratulate to all the staff during my 5 month stay in room 390. The front desk really helpfull especially mr dodi the front desk manager and the rest of the team team for making my stay really enjoy. The hk staff also really friendly ang helpfull. During my stay i dont face any problem especially regarding my bills and etc. They also taking care my things in room in order. They also giving me the special price during my stay. I'm with my friend really happy during our stay in this hotel and today i'm checking out today and for sure i will come back one day to visit all of staff. Thank you so much

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank Happ_Guido
Reviewed 10 July 2017

My first time booked at this Resort so call ' Minangkabau feel '.. I reserved thru AsiaTravel.com for 2 ROOMS. Call Hotel to double confirm my booking, staff told me they didn't received my booking ( room has been paid and deducted from my card), Hotel staff asked me to call again next morning. I felt so worried as they told no booking has been made, so at Night i call again at 9.00 pm to double confirm once again, spoken to a Guy, apparently he is so rude ' Puan saya tengah check in Guest, Puan Faham tak, call esok pagi selepas pukul 7am, saya hanya Night Audit". i never counter this kind of staff attitude before in my life :) this is my first ever.. Thank you as you don't have passionate to Hotel industry as a hotelier, so shame.. (I try to understand his feeling) . Next morning i try again during my way to Resort , ofcourse you will feel worried as they dont received any booking under ur name, and still don't have, even though i call AsiaTravel.Com they confirmed that they have already confirmed by Booking with Hotel once my payment done yesterday.. An hour after that Hotel call me and say Yes, they received they might overlooked :) so funny your Hotel Staff.. many more i can share here during my checking, but TAK APA LAH, I WONT GO THERE ANYMORE, i can make a feedback for Hotel good, but i don't thing management is interested to know further.. anyway TRAINING needed for Staff, Bathroom for my 2 rooms no water supply for Shower, you need to do preventive maintenance !,, i have a lot of NICE pictures of your 'by the beach resort' i share once on my attached photo.. nice ambiance to rest and relax but sadly not on service even food quality. ( comment form said 'please drop your feedback in Drop Box' and i couldn't find it at Lobby either ) .

Room Tip: by the beach
2  Thank nurulnana87
Reviewed 7 July 2017

The room has just renovated recently but the quality of the ID is rather at the average local standard. We stayed there for our company team building but the seminar room is rather run down due to age of the property.

We did it during the muslim Ramadan month and it is a fasting month. We were not so happy because of the miscommunication between the Sales personnel and hotel staff. We were asked not to start our dinner and to wait for the break fast. We did not mind to do so as we stay in multiracial country, but we were that we can start our dinner by the sales department at 6:30pm and we tried to plan the schedule accordingly. The delay in dinner without prior informing us has caused some in our activities.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room otherwise you will end up in an old and smelly room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business