1,704 results
All reviews petting zoo pet farm garden chalet water chalet avi spa village court day bed kids cabin family pool the crow's nest riau beach nature walk adult pool animal feeding four poster bed sand flies the open air shower
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend surprised me with this place for my birthday. We arrived last Sunday afternoon. Check-in was very quick. Very friendly staff from security up to Bell staff. Most especially Maizatul of Front desk. She was very warm, friendly and so helpful. She gave us very nice suggestions for places to eat. Everything is so wonderful with this place. Peace, quiet and so relax. My favorite part of this hotel resort is the Cochin pool, strictly for adults. Its not crowded eventhough we know that there’s a lot of guests checked in. Not so much guests uses this pool and it was fantastic.The food was a bit pricey but the portion is overwhelming. There’s a wide selection of food but not drinks. We stayed in a water chalet, the rooms is huge for a couple like us. Can stay up 4-5 pax in this room. Nice view when you come out of the balcony. We will surely come back for Avilion. The service is there and everything else we are looking for relaxation.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
GMAPD, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Algelica P,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us.

I am also astounded to know that you considered our hotel as a perfect holiday destination. Having these commendations from our valued guest makes me and my team feel gratified and determined to further showcase our well known genuine hospitality and distinct service.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in not so distant future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wanting to get some much needed rest away from KL after a hectic time at work, my girlfriend and I opted to return to Avillion, having enjoyed our last visit. We took a Premium Water Chalet. Unfortunately, a young family in the adjoining chalet seemed to delight in slamming doors every few minutes, until past midnight. The next night, another young family moved into the adjoining chalet on the other side. Same problem with slamming doors. I must state, I do not hold the hotel responsible, nor the young families. It was just unfortunate. After a second night of disturbed sleep, I contacted reception and asked to be moved to a new room. The duty manager was very sympathetic and gave a very thorough handover to the next manager on duty. Much to our pleasant surprise, we were upgraded for our final day to a Water Villa. If you can afford a few extra Ringgit, I highly recommend you choose this room. It was brilliant. I stress again that we did not ask for an upgrade, so it was a very nice example of genuine Customer Service. Indeed, all of the staff from Reception, to the Restaurant, to the Cocktail Bar, to the Maintenance team were extremely friendly and courteous. Your efforts are very much appreciated and we will definitely return. Great work and your Management should celebrate having such a great crew.

Stayed: October 2018

Dear JohnnyK71,

I must thank you for choosing to stay with us once again at Avillion Port Dickson and for sharing your wonderful feedback about your experiences. I'm so glad to note that you enjoyed yourself immensely hence appreciated the excellence of our service, the warmth and hospitality of our team.

JohnnyK71, we look forward to welcome you back to Avillion Port Dickson, hopefully very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cons:
- When I entered my Water Chalet, there was a used soap, and toothpicks in the bathroom.
- Room need to fix the window overlooking the bathroom. It can't be locked.
- Ordered 1 Banana Split by the pool, the F&B guy (I didn't get the name) was pushing me to pay immediately for the RM15 dessert since I did not give deposit upon check-in. I came to a point that I said, "ARE YOU EXPECTING ME TO GO BACK TO MY ROOM TO GET MY CARD NOW TO PAY?" and I was swimming at the pool, at around 4PM.
- The F&B guy made me feel that the service level of Avillion is not up to standard.
- Avillion should've made it standardized to collect deposits upon check-in. It wasn't my fault, but nobody asked for it when I did my check-in. If I ever knew, I would've given my deposit to ease my transactions in the resort.
- Requested for a replacement towel, and only got it after 2 hours.
- Too many families, and they kept on feeding the peacocks (while they should not be doing that) (I'm sorry but mostly are Malays). Kids were screaming here and there.
- Pools are dirty inside. Things were falling down the trees and entering the pool.
- Adult pool not so private, it's facing the walkway to the rooms.
- TV in my room was having some problem. Also the channels were not so interesting.
- Parking not so convenient, especially when we had to park across the street, and no buggy to bring us back to resort. Imagine if there are families with small kids / families with old folks to park outside. Please arrange a buggy service for outside car park.
- Security guards don't really understand Malay / English. How to communicate?

Pros:
- Smooth check-in, done by Ms Sherin at the check-in counter.
- The welcome service at the entrance was so good. Made me feel like a VIP.
- Bed was so comfortable.
- Requested for a specific location for my room, and Sherin assisted to fulfill our wish. - Thank you.
- Breakfast buffet was so good, variety of dishes, for the price of only RM35 nett per adult. It's worth it.
- Staffs were so warmth and always smile to us as we were passing by.
- I LOVE the bathroom. The shower was SO GOOD, that I don't feel like going out from the shower.
- The bathroom has a lot of character. The shower head was so unique. The bath tub was superb.
- Pools are open 24 hours.
- In house cafe / in room dining / room service menu was quite affordable.
- Location is near to attractions. (PD is not very big)
- Check-out was smooth as well.

Room Tip: Water Chalet at Cochin has the best access to adult pool.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jia_SZFZ

Dear Jia_SZFZ,

Many thanks for your mixed review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay overall. We also thank you for mentioning a few points that you were not so pleased with and rest assured we will look at opportunities to improve in those areas certainly.

Jia_SZFZ, we look forward to welcome you back in the future ensuring you a perfect stay graciously.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Avillion PD has always been our go-to spot for a quick getaway for many years. But now it’s about to end. Our recent experience has left much to be desired.
We booked a duplex room this time. And this is our second time booking a duplex room, so we do have a previous experience to compare with. It’s as though the hotel has stop making effort. The room looks tired. There used to be a television on both floors, now there’s only one. Toilet tissue was not available on the toilet downstairs, there was not enough towels available, the tea/coffee facilities were also not adequate.
Overall, we felt that this may be our last time. Perhaps it’s time for us to find a new place.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Ok the resort - hotel is nice . But it is not a new place so don’t expect too much.
I was pretty turned off to find the edges on the outdoor shower dirty and with a hair clot.. The bottom of the toilet bowl was not too clean. And interestingly there was a loose part of the ceiling that allowed a bird to fly into mu room ! I was not turned on !

On the brighter note kids will love this place. Peacocks roam freely around here and there is a petting zoo with rabbits and turtles.

The sauna and steam room have not been maintained well - which makes it such a waste. Breakfast is good - ample choice of local and western.

Stayed: October 2018
GMAPD, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear SabrinBedi,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your review and I can assure you that we do take feedback with the utmost importance as we value all our guest’s opinions and concerns.

I have personally addressed your review with my team for their attention and corrective actions where need be.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to personally welcome you back to the resort in a wholly positive light.

Sincere regards,