“its a ranch”

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
petaling jaya
“its a ranch”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

well its a ranch what else to say. we stayed at the log cabin was okay. didnt expect much so there was no problem. my parents stayed at the tepee, they said it was small and when it rains water comes into the place. As for the log cabin the bathroom was more of back to nature( no roof). in the daytime was nice but night time too afraid to into bathroom coz the next cabin bathroom had snake skin in it...good for big family as there were alot of outdoor games.(paintball,go cart,etc..) Food was nothing to shout about but can eat.. cant go out as the place was too far in.if u wan a diffrence then go here..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank bethymohan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

It was a whole new experience for me as I have never stayed in a resort which has log cabins, kampong houses, red Indian-like hut rooms, to name a few. It caught my attention the very minute I entered the main lobby – it made me feel like I was in the woods! This wonderful resort is none other than Eagle Ranch Resort in Port Dickson, just an hour and a half’s drive from Kuala Lumpur.
This resort has a few Seminar Rooms or halls which are provided to host seminars, talks, social gatherings, meetings and the like. During my three-day two-night stay, I attended the team building course with my family and a number of my parents’ colleagues. It was a quite a challenge for me as I barely participated in these kinds of activities before. I reminisce takng paer in the boat rowing competition where we had to piece the bamboo shoots together to make a boat in half an hour, about sixteen people in a group. It was a little difficult at the beginning but soon we were enjoying ourselves and were having great fun. I also tried go-karting for the first time! It was a thrilling experience!
Each log cabin is well-equipped with twin beds, a television and open-air bathroom. There is a also a restaurant, called The Watering Hole, which serves a large array of food from light snacks to buffet.
I think the price is reasonable and I would certainly recommend this place if you are looking for a serene quick getaway from the hustle and the bustle of the city.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JosephHeng
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I arrived in the late afternoon, checked-in was fast and was given tepee1. The room was suprisingly big and confortable. Simple but a unique red indian tent. Staff at the reception were friendly but the rest just see you past through...This eagle ranch has nice and interesting land scape and facilities but poor promotion and info to guest. Breakfas was not even average... service was good at the coffee-house but food doesn't taste very good, blend and just for the sake of giving breakfast. The swimming pool look inviting, but the staff incharged were not friendly or encouraging! As though we are giving them work to do...This place need some kind of refresher course for the staff!

Room Tip: Go outside and eat!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank iskhandar
Kajang
Reviewed 11 November 2011

If you like cowboy's lifestyle, this is definitely the place to go. Love the shapes of accomodations offered that really reflect the lifestyle. I stayed in the bandwagon-shaped room. They offered a lot of activities like go-kart, archery, paintball as the list goes on and on. They have good outdoor facilities especially for team building. If you really love outdoor activities, this is the place to go. However, since I went there for a workshop, I felt that this place was not really suitable especially if all the work need to be done indoor because the meeting room is not condusive enough and the rest room is so far away. I came during rainy season, so it was difficult for me to move around. But if you want to do outdoor activities and just taking a break, this is the place to go. The food was good and quite tasty. Definitely for holidaying and team building activities.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Hasreena
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Hi my name is Loh from KL Im a paintball player im going to Eagle Ranch for the the last 2 years to play paintball.Just would like to comment on the earlier writer "iogothis" just for your info paiintball game is not just take the marker and shoot as u like.Painball marker comes under firearms law in Malaysia and Eagle Ranch is operating the paintball with a valid license from PDRM.It doesnt make sence to me u take the marker they show u the field and u shoot.My question to u will be who teach u to shoot and where to shoot.
Im a professional paintball player the vouchers which u are refereeing will be the groupons vouchers.I had purchased 50 vouchers under this and the first time i took the vouchers and went to the resort the staff at the paintball itself doesnt know about the voucher.Later the staff a chiness lady call Mr.Guna and he made all the calls and informed me that there is such a promotion and he himself not aware of this.But later after some cross checking he did the briefing and let us play.All of us enjoyed.

Last Week Sunday i went there with another batch of friends and he did a good briefing and later he took us to the jungle senario challenge eventhough it was raining heavily.We had a good fun.

I agree with the earlier writter NashBhullar that briefing for paintball done in a proper manner but the biggest problem at eagle ranch is this:

We purchase the vouchers from Groupon and its stated call and make the reservation 3 days prior to the arrival.I called Mr.Guna almost 10 times to make the reservation for last weekend as the day i requested ie Saturday is not available.I got shock to find out that all the Saturdays in Oct,Nov and Dec is already fuly bookedl.But later i get to know that Saturday they are busy with their resort activities and they dont have the time to handle over groups.As for me i have to follow the date given buy him as i already bought the vouchers.Here its clearly shows the misunderstanding of the management and Groupon,We became the victims as most of the buyers are from kl and they prefer saturday.

Secondly check back the voucher it has given a reservation tel no and its a kl tel no.When we call the no they say its Eagle Ranch KL sales office no and to make reservation they said need to call PD office number dont u think that this people is fooling us around.How can this people sell a promotion without the staff knowing the promotion and gave asking us to call around to make the booking.

As for me briefing and the game and Mr Guna's job was excellent but again i agree that the management made the blunt.There is not much we can complain about them as they are doing their best to make us happy.WE HAD A GOOD TIME IN EAGLE RANCH PAINTBALL
TO GUNA AND HIS TEAM CONTINUE YOUR GOOD JOB.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends