“Paintball @ Eagle Ranch - Incredibly rude management”
Review of Eagle Ranch Resort

Eagle Ranch Resort
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Paintball @ Eagle Ranch - Incredibly rude management”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I had purchased discount vouchers online for my friends and I to play paintball at Eagle Ranch. All went well at first - we made our reservation well in advance so that there would be no issues later.

About 2 weeks before our date, we were informed that there was a "change in management" and to contact someone else for our reservations. I called the number for a Mr Guna, and was shocked by his rudeness. I tried to explain our reservation and that I was checking if it was still confirmed, and all I got was a rude, "Actually, I'm not working today. Call back tomorrow." and before I could say anything else, he had hung up.

Next day, I called and told him he had been very rude to me, to no avail. No apology, no nothing, just, "Well, I wasn't working that day". Turns out our reservation had never been made or whatever and we had to reschedule.

We got there, hoping to have a good time, and all we got was basically people telling us, "this is your gun, this is your goggles, don't take off the goggles, point the gun and shoot". Questions about the best way to hold the gun, etc were not entertained. They basically just pointed us to the field and said there it is.

We won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
12 Thank igotthis
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We checked in at the Eagle Ranch at 3pm on the 14th of October, and checked out on Sunday, the 16. It was a team building for our team, and together, we were 14 pax.

The first impression was that this was a unique resort, with a rodeo feeling about it. Some of the staff were wearing 16 gallon hats as well, creating a Cowboy atmosphere.

We stayed in the Kampong Houses, and our team building started the same day at 430pm, with Paintball. The event coordinator Mr. Guna did a good job in his simple yet detailed explanation for how to play, and the do's and don'ts. We were novices, and we picked the Jungle Experience, which was challenging. We enjoyed the paintball session very much, as it demonstrated that teamwork pays off, to win.

The next day was more hectic with the Flying Fox, and rope course. I could see our team having fun, and bonding as well.

There was enough free time in the program, to take a dip in the pool, and we enjoyed the additional facilities as well. Some played football, and almost all participated in the impromptu volley ball session as well. As the organizer, I am more than satisfied with the results obtained.

Besides the events, the food was ample and delicious, and the buffet spread exceeded our expectations. For our second night, they organised a BBQ dinner with a Karaoke session, that everyone thoroughly enjoyed. There was participation from almost all team members, and the good food lent to the happy atmosphere. They even replenished the BBQ lamb that ran out, as it was delicious.

The rooms can do with more maintenance, as some cupboard doors were coming off the hinges, the T.V. reception was poor, and they should upgrade to Astro Cable. The Air Conditioning in some Kampung houses could have been cooler. All in all, it was a fun filled experience, with great learning, bonding, and happy memories to take home. We will be back. Kudos to your team for a job well done.

1 Thank Nash B
kl
Reviewed 12 October 2011

i haven't been to this resort but i already had a bad experience and response from the receptionist and also the sales people.i was planning a trip for a school program.. when i called to ask about the package and the quotation.. the response is very2 bad. i had to call for like 4times..only to get the quotation..and every time when i call the receptionist answer with no phone etiquette at all. she answer with a very lazy voice as if she is 'malas nak layan'... once i get the quotation and try to book, at first the rude receptionist told me that all the sales person are not at their department (at 2.30pm-during office hour???) she took my details and tell me that she'll pass to the sales people and ask them to call me.. i waited for almost 3hrs but nobody call. i called again and this time the receptionist said the sales person is on MC.. huh i asked her who should i talk to..and she said all the sales people are having discussion and asked me to call again in 10mins time..at this time i'm already very disappointed with the resort especially the way the receptionist answer the call. i check the review in the tripadvisor and read mr nesan review and straight away decide not to deal with this resort anymore

6 Thank dAdA_jamal

Travellers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Reviewed 4 October 2011

About 6 years ago, this was a great resort for team outings. Now, its a tragedy! This is my experience, you judge for yourself...

When i arrived at the hotel (for a company retreat) at nite, i firstly had no help from the reception. I asked for my room, stated my company name, my name, and provided all necessary documents, and the reception staff looked at me like she was brain dead or was on 'pause' mode. Like was talking gibrish. I called my company's admin staff, and she sorted it out for me.

So, now that i've got my key (the resort is huge, so you'll need a map to get to your rooms, and park your cars in designated areas near the room),. the same reception staff hands me the map. Now, the map has no legends so i didn't know where i am, and where i had to go. When i asked her, she simply said, "errr... not sure... somewhere here". Again, got the help of my company's admin staff.

Now, finally got to my room (Paddock Chalet), opened the envelope in which the key was in, got into the room, but could not get any light or fan/AC to switch on. Looks like i'll need a keycard, which the all-talented reception staff conveniently did not include with the key. So, i walked a good distance to get back to the lobby, and told the reception my problem. Again, she responded, "keycard? dunno what is that. No light? hmmm how?"... She's asking me??? Well, she checked anyway, and told me to get back to my *Dark* room, and wait... she'll summon a staff to bring this "mysterious device that turns on the lights" to me directly. I did not want to fuss, as it was getting late, so i did as she said. After a loooong wait (10mins), she shows up slowly (almost dragging her feet), and passes me the keycard, and WALLA.... there was light!!!

So, finally me and my wife bring our bags in, and get ready to settle for the night. Then we found the room to be disgustingly dusty and filthy! Towels were DIRTY!!! Beds were filthy... But we decided to let it slide, and deal with it in the morning, as it was almost midnight. Then i had to go pee. After i was done, like any other natural human, i reached out to flush the toilet. I touched it, and the whole porcelain thingy fell and broke into pieces, missing my feet by centimeters!! So now, we have a filthy room, with a darn broken toilet with dangerous pieces of porcelain lying all over the room.

I get back to the lobby (front desk), and find NO one, and i mean NO ONE around. I shout, ring the bell, shout some more, and no sign of staff. Finally, there was a maintenance staff. Told him my prob. He took me back to my room, (despite me telling him that he can't fix it) he insisted that he'll be able to fix it. When we reached the room, he simply said "boss, cannot fix". Well, we walk back to the lobby (for the 100th time... remember, this is a huge resort... distance is approx 250m). Then the good thing he did was to call the Manager On Duty (M.O.D).

I waited about 10minutes until M.O.D shows up. This is our conversation:
M.O.D: I'm sorry sir, my staff couldn't come in tonight, so we have no one working
Me: Okkkayyy... so, (i tell him my story)
M.O.D: Alright, but you must understand my situation... i have no experience in the front desk area, and i have no access to the system, therefore i cannot switch rooms for you. You will need to bear with me

<Ok, what was wrong with that part of the conversation?? anyone care to guess?>

Me: (trying to keep my cool)... Sir, what do you suggest i do now?
M.O.D: you & your wife need to NOT use the toilet, and stay until the morning staff arrive
Me: That is UNACCEPTABLE!
M.O.D: Ok i'll try to fix your toilet

I gave up trying to explain, as it was already 1am... So i let the manager and his worker try and fix it, while i & my wife wait in the room. The worker began fixing (while the manager left) and manage to replace the toilet with an old unit by 2am. The room was now wet, and filthy with toilet water all over, still porcelain lurking all around. I couldn't take it, so i woke my company's admin staff, who was really kind and gave me another room, which supposed to house another staff who couldn't make it last minute.

Me & my wife went to the new room (Kampung House - supposedly the best room in the hotel), and found it filthy with lizard droppings and bird droppings all over the floor, bed, bathroom... oh n roaches!!.... But we didn't say anything, due to what has already happened, and it was really late. Got some shut eye at about 3.30am.

Next day, the manager didn't even bother to follow up or compensate in any way. My company still paid for the broken room! Well, i've got some photos... you judge!

Room Tip: Don't stay here... However, the bar & activities are awesome!
7 Thank NesanKL
Reviewed 19 September 2011

A very well known place in between Malacca and Port Dickson. At first glance, my family and I were very glad to be there as to indulge in the cowboy's lifestyle... Anyway, if you come to have fun, to build team spirit, to swim at their not so big swimming pool, horse riding, go cart and so on, this is the place to go. We have spent 2 nights at the Bandwagon type of room, it looks like a big cabin house, but its not actually. Its ok to bring a small family there. And the breakfast was a regretful taste....

Room Tip: Please choose Kampung Houses which is built on water pond, so you can have a nice view, at least!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family