All reviewsdesert triphis brotherbusy citiesoldest mosquesmall villagesleeping bagwatched the sunseteat delicioushis knowledgelonely planetexcellent englishovernight tripsurrounding desertdelicious mealbase for exploringgreat companyhighlight of our trip
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I and my wife have spend here 1 night.
Farvardinn is a cosy, atmospheric, beautiful little inn. It is modest, but you can feel like home, eat delicious, simple but excellent home-made food that the family cook every day and get to relax, lounge and chat with other tourists in the beautiful courtyard before taking off to the desert.
The owner – Masoud - speaks fluent English and we found him extremely helpful. He is also very friendly and knowledgeable. If you want he can provide you with a lot of detailed information about Iranian culture.
We have booked two excursions with Massoud. First tour was "Overnight desert tour", the second one "Shiraz-Persepolis Nomad Tour".
The first one – we drove to the desert with 4x4, then rode on camels to the Masoud’s place and watched the sunset. We were chatting with other tourists whilst the staff started to prepare for the night in the desert and cooking a delicious meal. Masoud joined us after the dinner, took us a bit further and explained which constellations of stars are visible in the night sky. His knowledge about the astronomic is really impressive. The night we spent in the inn.
The second one - we left Fahraj in the morning and after visiting Abarkooh we continued to the nomads in Pasargadae area. We stayed the night with the nomads. They were very kind and friendly and we spent a great time with them. The following day we continued the tour to visit Naqshe Rostam and Persepolis and completed the tour in Shiraz around the evening time.
All in all both of the tours turned out being one of the highlights of our trip to Iran.
We definitely recommend Farvardinn as a place to stay when near Yazd and would definitely come back if we ever be in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Farvardinn is a great place to stay if you want an authentic experience in an Iranian town. The rooms are great and the area is very tranquil. The food, which is cooked by a local lady, is also very good and they have a vegetarian option. I can definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Iran is hiding its most precious gem in Fahraj, where Masoud and his crew have a cozy guest house with surprisingly high-speed internet connection and hands down the tastiest veggie food in the whole country! Masoud is a wholehearted and seasoned desert and travel professional who can flex into your needs and does it with style. Ask him about movies and you'll have a great conversation for hours. When we got home we had to watch some movies from our home country which he recommended for us!

In short: Go and enjoy the desert, admire Yazd, see the surroundings in Fahraj and one of the oldest mosques in Iran. You'll have a great time in Farvardinn with the warm host Masoud and get to enjoy the superb meals!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My friend and I travelled to Iran last spring. The highlight of our trip was the desert-tour with Mohammad and Masoud from Farvardinn.
We got picked up at our hotel in Yazd and brought to the guesthouse from where we went into the desert. We did camel-backriding which is not particularly interesting.
After we did a bit of hiking trough the desert, which was beautiful and calming.

The most precious part of the trip was the evening. Eating great food and making a campfire. Just being in what feels like the middle of nowhere, under the stars with cozy company made a memory I will not forget.

In the morning we went joyriding for a bit with the 4x4 which I really enjoyed. We were brought back to the guesthouse and were able to take a shower and have lunch.
Masoud helped us with some recommendations for the rest of our travel and made sure we got to the busstation on time.

My experience with Masoud and Mohammad: They are good at their jobs, a pleasant company and willing to go the extra mile when necessary to please their customers.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I had one of the best experiences of my life by spending one night in one of the deserts near Yazd. The whole trip started in the afternoon at 5 pm, when I met in the city centre with the tour guide, Mohammad. He greeted me with a (non-alcoholic) beer and took care of everything: from buying food and drinks, to driving to (and throughout) the desert with his Jeep. After a 2-hour walk through the dunes, Mohammad started to prepare for the night in the desert by cooking a delicious meal, telling stories and preparing the sleeping bags. In the following morning, we went hiking through the small mountains which surround the desert, before going back to Yazd at noon.

The trip was booked some months in advance by e-mail. Mohammad's brother - Masoud - is in charge of the general organization and I had agreed with him a fee of 85 € for the whole experience. Nonetheless, a couple of days before the trip he told me that it was not possible to organize a desert ride with camels (as it was originally agreed), therefore the fee was finally lowered to 75 €.

I would recommend the experience to anyone interested in having a real nomadic trip in the desert. It is not a fancy experience, but rather something to get away from the artificial comforts of hotels and restaurants and experience a spiritual discovery of what it means to be (almost) alone in the desert. Apart from this, obviously, you will spend the entire time with a local tour guide which will take care of you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple