See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Located in the ideal city center. From the terrace you can see the central square, the building of the municipality and the stadium. When we were accommodating our group, some of the rooms were not well cleaned. She was polite, and the lobby bar was a young man called Bohe, who responded to all our needs. The lobby bar offers Samarkand cognac with a very soft and pleasant taste. And there you can also buy cigarettes .

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Shohruh Z, Генеральный директор at Grand Bukhara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Good day, Svetoslav S
Sorry for any inconviences caused by the hotel Grand Bukhara

I would like to note that Grand Bukhara Hotel is now under new management control and this management group has repaired and refreshed interior of the rooms, improved service level to avoid previous compaints and awful quality of service. Also, we hired new employee to update service quality and maintain at the best level to serve You guests and to welcome You to old and modern Bukhara. We have also updated Wi-Fi working level. I personally guarantee you that You guests will not have any miscomforst during your stay in Grand Bukhara hotel and prices are also lowered.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

I had to stay in Hotel Grand Bukhara as part of my official travel(arranged by my customer company in Bukhara). The atmosphere itself is dull. The rooms are very conjusted and have no internet/ Wi-Fi in room. For internet/Wi-Fi you have to go to the lobby, where you can access the very slow internet provided by the hotel.
I have stayed in 2 types of room. One with twin bed and with bigger single bed. Both room size are same , but I would prefer to stay in the single bed room as the twin bed is very small.

The air condition(I doubt if it is air-con or just cooler/heater) inside the rooms are old type and not working properly. Once I stayed in summer and it was really hot in the room. I complained to the manager, but he was helpless and told the outside temp is too high .

The breakfast during off-season is very pathetic, for which they charge 35,000 sum(approx 10$). They may give you very old , refrigerated pastries if you ask for it.

There is nothing positive about this hotel. Stay there only if you have any other options especially for long stays.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Albert J

Goo day, Albert J!

Reviewed 27 October 2016

The room I was ushered the first day_a single use double room_was not so bad. The next day when I returned from town walk, I was told that the room was changed. When I entered the (different double) room there were some items which were male laundries and stuff. So I asked what they were. The owner said that they were the belongings of a man I was supposed to stay with the night together. What???
I've never heard of this situation except at a mixed dormitory. He said, "NO PROBLEM." "Whaaaaaaaa....t???"
I don't think I was too naive about this. So I insisted that I couldn't stay with a male stranger in this tiny room. Finally he accepted, of course!! BUT the next problem followed. The water in the bath room was cold, never hot enough. Even after I claimed the hot water, he just said he fixed it and NO PROBLEM.
There was no hot water supplied the whole day. It was terrible.
That was a nightmarish experience I have had in Bukhara. In general, I had a very good time in Uzbekistan, so unfortunately that was in a bad way an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Goo day, さっちゃん

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Everywhere we went in Uzbekistan the air conditioning was not good. Since it was summer and hot season that is one thing which gave us problems. For this reason only the ratings are down in most hotels.
The rooms were spacious and nicely done. Balcony opened out on the main road. The city view especially in the morning from 9th floor was worth watching.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Goo day, Madhvi K

Reviewed 4 January 2015

Even though we did not stay in this hotel, we tried to go to its restaurant terrace and we must inform potential customers about Grand Bukhara's staff behaviour.
We took a taxi to the Grand Bukhara (to see the sunset from there, following the recommendation of our guide travel book) but found its restaurant terrace to be closed during winter. We asked the reception guy to allow us to take a picture from the terrace because the sunset was about to happen. He then phoned the terrace's keeper, who came downstairs to the reception desk asking for 10.000 som (2.5€) to go upstairs... So sad. This was the only (small but unpleasant) incident during our 10-day trip around Uzbekistan.

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel. Don't go there.
Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple