“Nice break from Uzbek food”
Review of Bella Italia

Bella Italia
Ranked #11 of 27 Restaurants in Bukhara
Reviewed 5 August 2017

After eating nothing but local fare for the past week, Bella Italia was a nice change.

We visited with our two young kids. It was a hot evening so we initially chose to sit inside in the air conditioning. The kids found the Kids Corner play area on the terrace so we decided to move out there after 15 minutes or so.

The terrace was nice in the shade and with the overhead mist keeping us cool.

We ordered 2 pizzas (Hawaiian and Hunting). Both were very good.

Once we finished eating we let the kids blow off some steam by playing for longer in the Kids Corner.

The meal cost us 85,000 Som. The pizzas were approx 22,000-25,000 Som each, our bottle of water was 10,000 and my wife's glass of wine was 10,000.

I was surprised and a bit unhappy that we were charged 10,000 Som for each of the kids to play. They also charged us a 20% gratuity.

1  Thank Randy H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Reasonable Italian food with vegetarian options. Service can be VERY slow--it took 30 minutes for someone to take our order one evening. Very loud kareoke. There is a big speaker on the floor, the table next to it was the only available both times we went to this restaurant. They had a staff member singing (not customers) and he sang fairly well but it was just wierdly loud for a family restaurant. Too loud to have a conversation

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Escaped my guide and found this restaurant where I (finally!) got a decent vegetarian meal. Pizza was decent, and staff were attentive. Pizza arrived quickly. Both locals and tourists were eating here and the ambiance was pleasant. A very nice change.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

The pizza was good but the pasta was even better. If you go there at the evening, you can enjoy the amazing live music. If you're a vegetarian, this place will be appropriate for you since it's not easy to find vegetarian food in Uzbekistan. Prices were fine and for those who don't know Russian, you can go in this restaurant and order in English since the staff can speak and understand this language.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Actually I visited it many times between 2013 and 2014 and I liked it especially the pizza. I spent there beautiful times I wish I could visit it again.