All reviews wat chang one night historical park dinner show river running teak floors buffet dinner swimming pool massage service unesco world heritage site beautiful hotel welcome drink thai food the hotel offers beautiful grounds old city tuk tuk
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

This was a great place to stay for two nights while I took photos of the Loi krathong festival in the old city.

The feature I like the best was the swimming pool! Open until 10pm, I was able to come back late, get some dinner, and the jump in the pool, watching the full moon as I cooled down after a dusty day on a bike in hot weather.

Good spa too, with lots of treatments- I got a foot massage to relax during the heat of the day.

Good Thai food, a 300 baht evening buffet and a small but comprehensive breakfast buffet where both has Thai , vegetarian, western and kids food (this was a solo trip but with two young girls, I am always scouting the next meal...)

This is a very clean in the rooms with good beds, bedding and strong ac mounted over the bed.

The shower/tub head was a little low for me but the bathroom was perfect to meet my needs.

Mini fridge and hot water pot in the rooms- bring Starbucks instant or canned coffee if you are a caffeine fiend .

Only minus is no blackout curtains, but youDO have a light switch for your own porch light so you can decide whether you want the light off to help you sleep. There are curtains, just not heavy drapes.

Be patient with the staff when asking for special requests...remember that they live in a apart of Thailand where they may hear a few hours of non Thai conversation per week, so it will take more effort by the staff for you to be understood.

The staff did an excellent job helping me out: I rolled in at. 5 minutes til 10 one night and the buffet was already dismantled. I was seated and asked what I wanted....and it came out, made to order 5 minutes later, not from the wok!

Good beer and wine selection too, but don't get too "up town" in your ordering...,,the G&T was spot on, but a Bloody Mary I ordered one day was off. Stick to simple drinks, , wine and beer and you,ll be fine. Be sure to tip- I always got a very full wine glass for my patience in ordering and a simple tip after every meal.

Enjoy!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank DiegoCandela
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and enjoyed every second of it. Great friendly personnel, nice rooms, and the restaurant was fine (I liked the a la carte dinner better than the buffet)

We did not have an upgrade but the room was really good, and really close to the little safe haven of wat chang lom.

Can really recommend this place!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2015

It's 15mins walking distance from the resort to the history park. The facilities are little bit old but still well, staffs are very nice. There is a swimming pool, not so big but its ok. The room
which I live is kind of twin bungalow, sometimes you can hear the voice from another room, just a little bit,but it is still ok for us.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 November 2015

Cleanliness must be improved. For other factors, most of them are quite good. The location is nice, very near from Sukhothai Historical Park. We can walk to Wat Chang Lom that's behide the hotel
Breakfast is average.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 November 2015

We've been traveling in Thailand (all parts including the not so touristic ones) for over 15 years now and, for Thailand, this resort is quite disappointing. First of all, the bar by the swimming pool is not manned and you have to beg the receptionist to server you drinks. Don't for coffee, they put sugar and powered cream in it!
The swimming pool is nice but the deck around it is simply dangerous, especially for kids. There are gaps close one of the hatches and our son tripped and could have hurt himself badly. Also some of the wooden planks are loose. The internet is ridiculously slow and we had a terrible connection from our rooms. This is a hotel doing business primarily with group tours...
On the positive side, it is quite close to the old Sukhothai town. Overally, for the price we paide, this hotel is really disappointing

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family