“Not such a good hotel!”

Jamahkiri Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Although everyone seems to be very nice when you get there, things change after a bit.
As everyone highlights, the access to the hotel is awful!!! Even taxi drivers try to avoid the road to the hotel....

Be careful if you lose your snorkel (after paying 100 bath for the rental)! The director of the hotel (William) will call you from wherever he is to inform you that you have to pay for it an unrrealistic price).

We spent there 4 days, and 1 out of the 4 they did not make up our room!!! The Wifi did not work for one whole day!

However, the view from the hotel is amazing!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Geraldine110384
jamahkiri, Manager at Jamahkiri Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed that you were unhappy with your overall experience at our Resort.
I am bringing some answers.
The road is actually under construction, and will be finished in June 2012; this is the reason why we have to use a different access. We provide also 5 free shuttles to and from the main town every day.

Complete client satisfaction is my target by being always available and close to my guests. This is what I explain to all the customers, in case of any situation and or questions ask for William.
So you called me from our diving club to inform me that you had lost your tuba, but did not want to pay 100 Baht (3 $) for it, and with my accord you did not.
I am of course very sorry to read that the issue with the tuba has kind of spoiled the whole feeling about your stay, but together, we know that it was a Gordian knot because promptly solved.

Concerning your room, I take this matter very seriously and I will have a look into the details with house keeping report and team.

The WIFI is provided from the telephone company, the performance is not guaranteed on Koh Tao, and therefore free of charge at the resort. After thunder showers it happens that the service turns off for a while on the island.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and to stipulate the positive point about the amazing view.

Regards,

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Jamahkiri Spa & Resort Koh Tao during our honeymoon in March 2012. It was an experience to behold and will stay with us forever. I was extremely sad when we had to leave and will find any excuse to go back there soon. The staff and service were outstanding and they catered to our every whim with a huge smile. The restaurant served the most sumptious meals and the spa treatments were the best I have had in Thailand. Our villa was magnificent with wrap around sea views from our balcony (and even the bed). The bathroom boasted a huge jacuzzi also with a sea view. The villas are built into the rocks and the decor pieces are stunning. The Jamahkiri has its own boat that takes you around the island with superb dive and snorkelling spots. I have never had such amazing Tom Yum Goong or mango with sticky rice. I cannot recommend this place enough and really in all aspects it is heaven on earth. A honeymoon destination like no other.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the villas but the hotel rooms are also spacious and luxurious.
2  Thank P J
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed at Jamahkiri for 2 nights in the middle of our honeymoon. They made us feel special from the start! Upon arrival, we recieved complimentary cocktails and our bed was covered in flowers as a surpirse. The view from our room was breathtaking. The service was stellar - William, the GM, is very helpful. I highly recommened the snorkeling trip the hotel offers. The road getting to the hotel is a little rough but their complimentary shuttle service makes up for it. Well worth the bumpy trip!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed at the Jamahkiri for one week of our honeymoon, and were blown away. Firstly, even the regular rooms all look out on the most beautiful view of Thian Og Bay and have a balcony. The service was outstanding, this resort has the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever come across and the manager, William was always on hand to help and was great to chat to.

The restaurant food was always incredible, I don't think we had one bad or even average meal while we were there. That being said it is a bit expensive, but u get what you pay for.

We really loved the pool area and spent quite a lot of time, sipping cocktails and lying in the sun overlooking the bay. When you've had enough of the pool you can take a stroll down to their private beach or even catch a little boat across to the nearby bigger beach at Haad Tien (there is a really nice little restaurant on that beach as well). Ko Tao has some of the best snorkelling in the whole of Thailand and we highly recommend taking the snorkel trip around the island on offer from Jamahkiri. They take you to all the best spots, it was amazing! Thian Og Bay is also known as Shark Bay because it is a breeding ground for black tip reef sharks, but they are very tame and skittish and have never harmed anyone. We snorkeled out to the middle of the bay to see them on our last day, and it was quite an experience!

We had such a great time we plan on going back in the near future. This hotel has to be the best available on Ko Tao. It is a luxury hotel so is a bit more expensive but it is really worth it, a stunning place! (especially for a honeymoon)

Room Tip: All the rooms are good from what I could tell :)
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was referred to a friend who was there about 6 months before my visit. He told me to just visit Koh Tao and stay in Jamahkiri. That was an experience.
My partner and I stayed for 4 nights. We nearly wanted to extend our stay alas work beckons.
Everything about the resort is just perfect. It's not commercialized like the rest of the resorts that I've visited. Everyone working there is nice. You can really tell that they are serving you from the heart.
We will definitely visit Jamahkiri again.

1  Thank sitiarbaiya