“Amazing experience ”
Review of Assava Dive Resort

Assava Dive Resort
Ranked #35 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Koh Tao with us at Assava Dive Resort (Formerly Sunshine Divers), located on the Southern bay of Koh Tao in Chalok Baan Kao. Assava Dive Resort is a recognized PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre offering a Accommodation to suit all budgets, Small Groups for personalized diving experiences with a focus on quality diver training for PADI scuba diving courses and fun and a relaxed atmosphere. At Assava Dive Resort you're not only a student diver or guest, you become part of the family. Located directly on the beach with gorgeous views of Chalok Bay and landscaped gardens and close to all several restaurants, shopping , atm's and medical facilities. Our newly renovated resort is affiliated with Ban's Diving Resort on Sairee Beach allowing our guests access to more diving and resort facilities if you wish to explore the party side of the island. Our new Restaurant and Bar "The Cove" offers breakfast, take out diver breakfasts for the early morning divers, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Took me years to pluck up the courage to dive, really glad I did it with Assava. The whole team are very welcoming and always go out of their way to speak to you, and reassure you if or when needed.
My instructor, Nicole was excellent. She explains things very clearly and always put me at ease when I needed it. Excellent all round.
Hoping to return here one day to complete my advanced

Management-Team-2010, Manager at Assava Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hey John,
Thanks for the wonderful review, will pass on the excellent feedback to Nicole. Look forward to your return for more diving and taking the PADI Advanced Course.
Happy Diving around the world.
Cheers Natalie

"personal touch"
"friendly atmosphere"
"laid back"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This wasn't my first dive experience, and to be honest, I didn't have the best dive conditions while in Koh Tao, visibility was not great due to rain in the previous days. But the dive school is definitely not to blame for that. I can even say, that despite the reduced visibility, I had great fun dives. Jack is a great instructor and guide with a lot of dive knowledge, and very keen on showing everything the underwaterworld of Koh Tao has to offer. Also the dive masters around are very well trained and not fooling around. If I wouldnt have had my open water and advanced yet, I would have definitely wanted to obtain it with this great group of people. Whether you want to do a course or just fun dives, I'd reccomend Assava to everybody

Hi MBtravels,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback and we hope you are enjoying your time travelling throughout Asia.
See you back in the future,

Natalie

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my 2 friends did our PADI open water course at Assava Dive Resort and we absolutely loved it! The people working there are great and our instructor Marcus was the best we could have asked for. Assava only does courses with small groups so you really get the most out of the course. Besides that the resort is beautifully located at the beach.

Management-Team-2010, Manager at Assava Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your feedback and truly glad you enjoyed your time at Assava Dive Resort. We look forward to you returning for more diving and fun!
Natalie Hunt and Assava Management

A TripAdvisor Member
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very friendly dive resort. Instructor Jack did an amazing job and thanks to him we have our open water padi. There is a lot of patience, empathy, goodwill and understanding for beginners. We are so happy we chose this diving school!

Thank you so much knowing you enjoyed your diving experience with Jack.
We are glad you had a wonderful time at Assava Dive Resort and we hope to see you back again in the future,
Natalie Hunt & the Assava Dive Team

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

What can I say. Absolutely the best time. The accommodation was lovely and the staff have all become friends. I wanted to try diving so I began in the pool. The diving instructors were so patient with me as I kept freaking out as I am claustrophobic. At the end of our weeks holiday I am hooked. I came away an advanced diver with a wreck specialty !!! Yes you read that right, a claustrophobic with a wreck specialty!!! That tells you how amazing they all were. Gonna miss you Assava x

Hi Claudine,
Thanks for the wonderful review and we are happy you enjoyed your stay and diving with us at Assava Dive Resort.
Enjoy the remaining time of you holidays throughout Asia and hope to see you back again soon,
kind regards,