“Authentic People. Genuine Experience.”

Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: The #1 rated company on Koh Tao since 2014. We offer high quality PADI dive courses and professional yoga classes, combined with the finest in customer service. We look forward to having you here!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

There are an overwhelming number of dive schools on this island and it can be a bit daunting especially once you get to the island. However, before selecting a school there were a few key things I was looking for- small class sizes, was the pricing straight forward, and did the shop/instructors have a good "vibe." Having done some research before I had an idea of which schools I was going to check out. However, I ended up stumbling into Ocean Sound which was near where I was staying so I decided to check it out. Based off my experience here's what I found:

1) Ocean sound said they would only have 4 divers per instructor which made for the small team aspect I was looking for. Check.

2) Pricing- As straightforward as it gets and no extra or hidden fees. Jesper walked me through the different options that were available and that was that. Very easy. Check.

2) Shop "vibe" - This one is always going to be a little tough to judge prior to signing up but here is my view based off the experience i had. The team here is grade A+. From the moment I signed up to the day I left. Each person I interacted with on the team genuinely cared about what they did. Also, my instructors were patient and easy going. You always knew safety was a #1 priority no matter what. But most of all you could also tell they loved what they did which made the experience that much better.
Big shout out to team Lucy & Sam as well as Jo and Zuzana! Thanks for the great time and being excellent teachers. (And yes, this was a check for those of you who are sticklers and like continuity).

To top it off I ended up completing my Open Water certification and because my experience was so great I ended up staying longer to pursue my Advanced Open Water certification too. Thank you Ocean Sound for the memorable experience. I hope to be back one day.

1  Thank Travis P
in 39 reviews
"explained everything"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

awesome staff - perfect course - best price!

cant find words for the experience i've made their!
the staff (zuzana, sam and will) did a perfect job! never seen so positive, friendly and patient (& good looking ;)) people!
go there and have fun!

2  Thank siassa_michl
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Being in Koh Tao and taking my driving courses from Ocean Sound was one of my best decisions and one of the highlights of my Thailand trip! I love all he people who run this awesome place. Everyday is an adventure! They have the best dive instructors and yoga teachers. I never wanted to leave the lovely island and Ocean Sound is one the reasons!

1  Thank Cha N
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We did the 1 day experience and will definitely be back for the open water course next year. Sanne was patient and professional as well as incredibly good fun. Saw some beautiful marine life from the moment we got in the water and made memories for life. Will even helped us the next day when we wanted to go snorkelling and needed a hand with directions and finding gear to rent. Absolutely went above and beyond.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Freya P
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was my third visit to the idyllic island of Koh Tao and it was great to meet up with some old friends at Ocean Sound & Yoga.
when I first approached Ocean Sound I had absolutely no diving experience - I am now an Advanced Open Water Diver thanks to the skill and professional tuition from this unique dive school
The spotless office & dedicated classroom area to the well kitted out dive boat & crew and the care & attention taken to ensure you have correct fitting & well maintained equipment all make for a fabulous diving experience
Will, Jesper, Cyn,and Joanne make you feel comfortable from the start and any nerves soon disappear as soon as you start the course
For me one of the most important factors was that the instructors work with small groups of four which means they are always able to give you specific guidance suited to your own personal requirements.
So thanks again guys - hope to see you again soon

2  Thank MikeAWS