“Elliott Rescued Me”

Easy Divers - Koh Tao
Ranked #45 of 93 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Easy Divers is the most popular PADI 5 Star IDC Center on Koh Tao. We teach all PADI scuba diving courses from open water through to instructor level. All PADI courses are available in most European languages and others are possible on request.Easy Divers is also the only PADI Instructor Development Center(IDC) on Koh Tao with a 100% pass rate for all their instructor candidates. See our Go Pro section for more information about starting your new career in scuba diving!Certified scuba divers can enjoy our daily diving trips to all of the best dive sites around Koh Tao.
uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Elliott Rescued Me”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I arrived to Koh Tao to be greeted by over 100 screaming monkeys at the pier, all shouting at me trying to get me in there taxi to God only knows where. To escape the savages i ducked into the nearest shop which happened to be Easy Divers. The staff there were so cool giving me all the information i wanted about the island. They offered me a really good deal on my PADI course and accommodation. The cheap rooms were perfect for me, basic and clean the way i like it. My diving course was great! I had so much fun with my instructor. Also, thanks to Pro Video iv got a smashing DVD of myself diving so i can show off to my mates as soon as i get home. Cheers Guys, See you next year!

Visited May 2012
3 Thank UkTomski
Koh_Tao_Easy_Divers, Public Relations Manager at Easy Divers - Koh Tao, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thanks for the great review we like to help people have the best time possible on the visit to
Koh Tao. Elliott is very appreciative of your kind words too.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
Surat Thani, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hassle free diving”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I had a great time with easy divers when I completed my PADI course. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I have dived with 3 other dive centres on Koh Tao but found this one the best and most hassle free. No climbing over boats and a better schedule that allowed me to have a sleep in most mornings. There are also really cheap restaurants close by.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank CTB428
Koh_Tao_Easy_Divers, Guest Relations Manager at Easy Divers - Koh Tao, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thanks for the great review and thanks for choosing Easy Divers, we're glad you enjoyed diving with us!
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing staff, best location and groups just the right size”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Easy Divers is the second dive centre I've tried on the Island. The first one was too big, cold and I felt like I was on a production line... Then a friend recommended Easy Divers and I never regretted it. The staff is simply amazing, very friendly and helpful. They are extremely professional and skilled in their craft... you can ask them anything, they know what they are talking about. It is also the only school on the island that has direct access to the boat from the pier, meaning you don't have to climb in a long boat from the sea and breathe fuel on the way to the bigger diving boat. Groups are not too big, so you have every opportunity possible to ask as many questions as you want. Equipment is very well maintained. I went there to do my Rescue course and loved it so much, I carried on to do my Dive Master. It is definitely worth a try and it is easy to find, if you get on the island by the Lompraya speed boat, Easy Divers is right at the end of the pier.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Mtl_in_Asia
Dublin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Good vibes and a whale shark”
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic experience with Easy Divers. We are already certified and only wanted to do 2 dives for the day. The price with 900B per dive (2) was fair for the quality of the equipment and boat. If you do more dives, the price will drop. All staff is very nice and they speak good English. We had a warm and caring welcome and John our dive master led us to Shark Island. Shortly after we hit the water we saw the back fin of a whale-shark. End then a full good view on this amazing creature! Wow!

John and the crew were very helpful and the cookies, watermelons and pineapple were delicious. The refreshment drink station was well maintained and highly appreciated. As mentioned, the equipment was good and all staff made us feel comfortable at all times. They have free WIFI in the store and cookies with the hot drinks.

Even though I walked in in the morning, I recommend to contact them the evening before and put down your name for a dive the following day. There are bungalows close by ranging from 200-300B upwards (often booked out as only a few available SAVE bungalow). Great experience. Thanks to the team

6 Thank loopedy
Poznan, Poland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you are a bit afraid of diving i do not recommend easy divers”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I was a bit afraid of diving but deperately wanted to try, other diving schools that easy divers make lessons firstly in a swimming pool later in open water, i was put in open water on 5 meters when diving the first time. English of my teacher was bad and accomodation bad.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Ola K
Koh_Tao_Easy_Divers, Guest Relations Manager at Easy Divers - Koh Tao, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your course with Easy Divers. We try to offer a relaxed and friendly course for all our customers, if there was some areas you were not happy with we would have tried to make adjustments to make you feel more comfortable had you told us.
To help clarify your issues:
1) 5m Open Water? Do you mean the surface entry from the boat into water before swimming towards the beach in the training bay? This is a standard part of the course and not usually a problem as you are wearing an inflated Buoyancy Control Jacket. You can alternatively choose to climb down the ladder into the water first and then put on your scuba gear if you preferred. Please remember that Scuba diving is an activity sport and does require some basic fitness and swimming ability.
2) English of my teacher was bad? We have a multilingual team of instructors from Thaliand, England, Germany, France, Spain and more - and their English is normally not a problem. If an instructor has a strong accent you are not familiar with it is not a problem to either; ask to switch to another class if it makes things easier for you, or have one of the trainee instructors to assist on the course and help explain anything you have trouble with.
3) Accommodation bad? Which way was it bad, we have more than one resort with more than one style of room. For most backpackers the budget rooms included in the course is fine ie two single beds, fan, private toilet and shower. For others who want air conditioning, tv mini bar, and beach front there is a discounted upgrade package that would include these extras.
In summary again we are sorry you were disappointed with us but it was possible had you told us when you were here that we could have remedied most if not all your issues.