All reviews starlight restaurant jansom bay charm churee private beach sai nuan beach star resort our honeymoon amazing views sunset chaba bb6 island varnish privacy snorkel
Reviewed 11 June 2016

We stayed in a room without a pool but right on the ocean. It is a hike from reception but you can get a car to take you closer. For check in and out they brought our bags we didn't have to lift a finger. We had no problem walking the 20 minutes into town but there are a lot of stairs. There are closer rooms to reception but I chose to be way at the opposite end of the resort. We were closer to the Sai Tong beach than reception and it was perfect. A great combo of mod cons ( AC, fridge, and a TV) yet far away from other people. We walked to Sai Tong beach and Banana rock bar. All of which were awesome and less crowded. The breakfast was decent but nothing to write home about. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

I went for BB18A with the big pool. Room was ok and bathroom is fantastic. Natural rocks as walls. Also pool area is nice. But you see right through from the neighbour to the pool area. Sun set is also amazing from this location. Now for what is not good. Water was green with alges. I call reception and complain. Some guy shows up and did nothing? Way from reception to bungalow is 1 km i more. Not easy on steep small jungle road in 40 degrees. Day after even more green in the pool and yellow things pops up . 3 days with no pool i get angry. Call reception. Look new room not good. Get 4 bed luxury suite for 1 night. Pool is ok water but broken and sharpe edges. Breakfast is nothing special and egg maker do most thing wrong . I get 10% discount for not be able to use pool. Ocean is low water so you can not get up if you jump in. So.... for 13 500b per night I get 3600b back. Room without pool is 7000b per night. So i am fooled and very upset. Quality overall is bad maitnance. Boss is not around to take descisions. Of course and very handy. Watch out for this hotel. Charm churee Village and bamboo huts.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank roppen a
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Secon time staying here. This time we had 2 weeks in BB3. Small and nice cabin with private pool. Place is a bit outside mainstream Koh Tao witch is perfect if you want calm and quiet holiday. 10 min on motobike to the outside of the island.

Room Tip: BB3, BB18 and BB1 has private pool
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2016

A place so perfectly tucked away from the crowd in Koh Tao, yet not too far of the beaten path. I seriously love the location of Bamboo Huts, as the only thing you hear is the sea. No traffic, no scooter, no nothing! You can only get to your water bungalows on foot. Stress free holidays are guaranteed here!

The staff helped me from the moment I arrived on Koh Tao and escorted me to my bungalow, so did they carry my bags. Perfect service as you expect in Thailand and everything with a big smile from these sweet little guys!

Some huts come with a private pool, some with outdoor showers, all with full privacy. I stayed in the one with a massive private pool on the balcony. Check my website for a little video of a day at my villa: traveltomtom.net.

They offer a shuttle service back to the town, or go for a little walk! The location is perfect with nearby secluded bays/beaches Jansom Bay and Sai Nuan 1 and 2. On this side of the island where there are no accedd roads you can literally do whatever you want to!

I love this side of the island! It is my favorite thing to do in Koh Tao! See my complete list of top 5 things to do in Koh Tao on my website: traveltomtom.net.

Room Tip: Room nr. 8 comes with a huge private swimming pool
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

I'm on my honeymoon with my wife traveling through Thailand for 3 weeks, and we decided to end our trip in Koh Tao relaxing after an incredible trip.
Unfortunately, one day before departing to Koh Tao I received an email from the Ferry company that was taking me to Koh Tao informing me that due to a bad weather condition the ferries where cancelled and even worst, the pier I'm Koh Tao has suffered damage so is not accessible at the moment.
Due to this unexpected weather event, I was forced to cancel my trip to Koh Tao, especially considering that after that location I was flying back to my country so I couldn't afford to get caught in a storm and not being able to leave to the airport.
The problem stars here. I tried to cancel my booking, due to the storm and they refused to refund me. I can understand a no refund policy when someone just cancel the reservation, but when this cancellation is due to an unexpected event they should refund you at least a part of your reservation.
The customer service in this hotel is horrible and they don't care about you.

I will never book again in this hotel and I strongly recommend everyone to book in a different place, where that care more about their guests and also has a better location.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple