All reviews poolside room purple room dive school open water the cottages swim up bar dive shop fun dives pool side diving course great diving beach hut dive staff per night diving instructor hot shower fan room
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed at Coral Grand before I moved to Sairee Cottage and stayed in their dorm which was decent, although the airco didn't do much to cool the room. The reason I decided to stay there instead of Coral Grand was that they offered multiple diving course (PADI, SSI), started the first dive in sea instead of the pool and offered a friend who wasn't doing the diving course a discount on the dorm as well.

I had a great time diving with them, the open water course was a lot of fun and if I had time I would've done the advanced course as well. The instructors took time to make sure we understood everything which resulted in all of our group getting to grips with the diving basics with relative ease. All in all I would say that diving at Sairee is a save bet, and I can't see how you'd end up being disappointed unless you have problems that won't allow you to dive (ear problems or something alike)

1  Thank MOranje
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I intentionally went to Koh tao to do my open water course and as I stayed at Sairee cottages before I thought I'd return and do my diving there. Best choice I have made so far on my travels. What was supposed to be 1 week there turned into 2. All the guys at Sairee Cottage Diving are amazing. They are great teachers and made safety the biggest priority. They are very patient with people and want everyone to really enjoy the experience. The classes are small and this allows for more attention from the instructors. They are passionate about what they do and the dive sites i was taken too were amazing. I would highly recommend Sairee Cottage Diving to anyone who visits Koh tao. I will certainly be back, maybe to do my DMT :) A big thank you to my instructors Rachel and Sarah, you were brilliant and to the rest of the crew Neil, Andy, Paddy, Gordon, Lillian, Kris, Mel and anyone I have missed, you made my time their the best I've had since I have started travelling. It was the most amazing thing I have ever done THANKS :D

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend after selecting this place randomly. We landed on our feet here! This place is just a 10 minute drive from the main port that serves the island. It is run by an Irish and English crew.
We chose to have a beach hut which was just a stones throw away from the water with an amazing panoramic sea view. The hut itself was basic but served it's purpose well. The hammock on the back veranda was such a nice touch and we spent most evenings relaxing here or up at the restaurant having nice food and drinks for a reasonable price.
My girlfriend did her open water course with Sarah as I had already done mine I joined them for fun dives. She was excellent from the first moment we met her. We had great fun and she was really helpful and a great instructor. Her patience with my girlfriend was much appreciated too as she was a little nervous as she had no water experience like this before.
We liked Sarah so much that we are now planning to go back to Sairee cottages in a few weeks to finish out our South East Asia trip and enjoy some more diving.
Bear, who runs Sairee diving, is a really great guy and he gave us a nice discount off our accommodation as my girlfriend was doing her course with them.
We would both strongly recommend that if you are in the area to stay at Sairee cottages and if you can, try and get Sarah for some diving as she is great with first timers and regular divers too.

Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My sister and I spent four nights at Sairee Cottages and fell in love with Koh Tao! If we could've stayed longer we would have. We decided to take the PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course and it has been the highlight of our trip so far. Our instructor Gordon was phenomenal! He was very knowledgeable about scuba diving in general and about all of the dive sites we visited. And he made us first-timers feel safe and comfortable throughout the course. Not only was he courteous and funny, but he was also an amazing teacher. He was very attentive during our dives and led by example, which proved to be an excellent way to learn to dive. And the dive sites were spectacular. We saw a wide variety of marine creatures ranging in size, shape and colour and it was a true pleasure to observe them in their natural environment. Scuba diving at Sairee Cottage in Koh Tao was an experience of a lifetime and we would highly recommend it to fellow travellers.

1  Thank Akbenes
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I went to Koh Tao to do my Advanced dive certification and actually ended up at Sairee Cottage Diving by fortune. I was very lucky! It´s a quite small but very professional diving schools, with an amazing crew. The whole team is really friendly and has a passion for diving, which is reflected in the great and laid back atmosphere.
I did my advanced course with Neil, who is one of the best diving instructors I´ve ever had! He inspired me to do the Stress & Rescue course (co-teached by Neil and Greg -both great!) and after that I was hooked. I ended up staying one more week doing a lot of fun diving with Andy and Paddy (divemasters). They are both awesome!
If you want to have a good time on Koh Tao, go to Sairee Cottages! I know I'll be back!

Date of stay: May 2012