All reviewspoolside roomopen waterthe cottagesdiving schoolswim up barfun divesdive shoppool sidedive packagegreat divingdiving coursedive staffper nightfantastic locationfan roomhot showerrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Staying and diving at sairee was not only the highlight of our holiday to date, but I'd rank it as one of the greatest experiences of my life! The dive staff are so professional and so friendly! I did my open water with Sarah who was sooo lovely, funny, friendly and supportive. She allowed my boyfriend come on the fun dives in which I was learning and he was having fun (he has his open water!) it was so good we want to come back to koh Tao and do our advanced before we head home!
The cottages are basic, we payed €65 per night (a nice discount is given if you do a course) for a cottage on the beach, well worth it for the experience, the air conditioning is not that great and the beds are really hard (I had a few pains after sleeps) but the amount of fun we had totally outweighed any complaints!
If you go... Ask for Sarah! She spent extra time on skills I didn't feel confident with and made sure I really understood and was just so understanding and supportive!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

went to Sairee cottage in March 2012 with my son 14 years of age, and partner, accommodation was clean and practical, within the lush green tropical trees and foliage literally on the side of the path from the beach a setting you can only imagine in films, a lovely way to be woken in the morning with the sound of the waves instead of the usual mundane alarm clock, The staff at reception are lovely and friendly ensuring you feel welcome and always on hand for giving advise or carrying out requests if you have any, Along with the accommodation is the Sairee restaurant which offers plenty of variety on the menu ranging from snacks to evening meals from local Thai dishes to pizza and choices of fresh meat and fish dishes from the BBQ grill which is on every evening and in this restaurant is where you will witness the most lovely sunset you can imagine, the staff are brilliant always on hand to serve and full of smiles friendly and chatty.
Now on to the diving.... All I can say is that it was an experience of a life time, which will be followed in future, the diving courses are done by experienced friendly and supportive patient and understanding staff which with my anxiety of breathing underwater being so unnatural needed, on the other hand my son and partner took to it like the fish, with this id like to say a big thank you Barry who was our instructor. All in all we had a very relaxing holiday on the beautiful island of Koh Tao which we will definitely visit again id like to give a special thanks to Neil (another instructor at Sairee) who made our holiday that little more special X X

Room Tip: choose a room with air con
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nicola a
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Did my advanced PADI with sairee cottage after doing my open water with another school. It was just brilliant! First the accommodation (free if you're on a class) was great, nice bungalow with veranda in lush garden 30sec from the beach. Then the course was great! I dove with Sarah who was very motivated and took time to go over dives before and after. She was always looking for things to show me and made sure I had a good time! Plus she was quite funny! They have coffee, tea, fruits and delicious cookies on the boat. I had the chance to have an instructor for myself but there never seemed to be more then 2-4 people on other groups.
Summing up I will Deffinitly go back if I can and strongly recommend them!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Diving at sairee cottages is good...made great by Bear...the man is a legend. If you ever meet him ask to see "the bulldog" it will change your world. Never been diving before and it has now become a focus point for the rest of our travels! Thanks to bear and the diving team for an amazing week,
Joe, will, jack & emma

1  Thank JoeEMB18
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I ended up at Sairee Cottage by chance. I have to say that my whole experience here was a good one. The reception staff were friendly, the rooms were clean. I stayed in two different types, one with ac and another with a fan. I was given the accommodation for free whilst completing my dive course. The restaurant serves really good food, at reasonable prices.

The highlight was the diving. Ko Tao is ideal for people learning to dive, and the dive shop at Sairee cottage will make sure you have the great time doing it. The shop is friendly and chilled out, and all of the staff, make you feel welcome. I wasn’t entirely sure about the whole diving thing, (quite nervous) so I thought I would test the water with a try dive. We had a small group, four people learning to dive, our instructor Ashley and Dive master, Nicky. They were both wonderful. They made the whole experience lots of fun, we had a great laugh and at the same time they were always professional and in full control of every situation. They made you feel safe and completely comfortable. I enjoyed the experience and went on to complete my open water certificate with them - I had an amazing time!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends