See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed with 2 friend in a triple seaview bungalow cost 2.800 bt per night. Location is stunning, one of the clean beaches in Koh Tao with relaxing atmosphere and overwhelming sun sets. Snorkeling in the bay is great, but is better in Sae Dang. The cleanliness of the bungalow was clearly POOR, i had to ask 3 times for the room to be cleaned. I expect not to have to ask for cleaning at this price level.
Bungalow is a bit outdated, interior well worn. If you prefer EXCELLENT LOCATION for a high price without motivated staff come here, if not, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank laxroth
Reviewed 9 November 2012

As others have said, it's the location of this resort that really puts it above others in the area. IF you're staying here, go for the slightly more expensive rooms. We stayed in a cheap room - just a bed and a fan with a tiny ensuite (700 baht) and an expensive room - aircon, TV, mini fridge,(1200 baht) and honestly neither are fantastic - but to get to the cheap room you have to climb along a high narrow path through the bushes (for a LONG time!) While the view is breathtaking, it's extremely difficult to get to your room in the dark. Forget about leaving the room after dark to get more water! It's also quite the adventure getting your baggage there / away. After just one night in the cheap room we switched to a 1200 baht room with TV, aircon, and no ridiculous treck to get to bed. There is an onsite restaurant that does pretty good food, and the view from the restaurant is amazing. The snorkeling off the beach is pretty good too, and if you swim right around the rocks to the left it gets even better. At night the bay lights up and you can watch fire dancers from across the water. The mossies are a bit bad, but every night the staff lights mossie coils and this really helps. Sit near them! Free wifi in the lobby is nice, but it doesn't reach the rooms.

Room Tip: Pay for a room on the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Premise that I am a frequent traveler and don't need about great services when i'm aroud the world. The dirty water with shampoo and bubble bath in the sink and the shower, are discharge directly into the sea . Room small and very poor for the money that they ask. No fridge, no shower facilities, bath towel never changed, and so on..
Thailand is cheap with better services, not like this resort. No rental cars or scooters..and you will see how you will arrive there!
At restaurant after ate, you can clean your mouth with toilet paper!
Positive comment only for the wonderful and amazing view of the bay on main resort.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here 2 nights. The first day we were there most of the staff were pretty unfriendly. We paid an extra 1,000 BHT for air conditioning and hot water. When it was time for bed we discovered there was no top sheet or blanket on the bed. I tried to take a shower and the hot water would not come on. I walked along the cement platform to the front desk (there's no phone in the room) and they got me 2 sheets, but said they had no blankets. They kept me waiting about 10-15 minutes for the sheets and then I had to wait for someone to walk back with me to fix the water heater (which he did). About an hour later the AC stopped working. Back to the front desk I went, and had to wait again while they woke someone up (it was about midnight) to come look at it. He came to the room but couldn't fix it and told me to walk back with him to the front. Each trip was about 3-4 minutes, so the back and forth got very annoying. The people at the desk in the evening were not apologetic at all, and almost seemed angry at us. Eventually they did fix the AC, but not until the following day. They did refund us 700BHT for the AC not working, which was nice. The rooms were not particularly fancy, but probably about right for the price on this side of the island. You need to walk along a cement platform over the beach to get to the rooms and be careful because it's easy to trip. There are also no rails on the sides. The drop is only about 8 feet, so nothing that will kill you, but enough to hurt you. And bring a flashlight because they turn the stair lights off around 10 PM and the cement walkway lights off around 1 AM. The food is mediocre, but not overpriced. Just remember they close PROMPTLY at 9 PM. One night I tried to buy water at 9:05 and they wouldn't sell it to me. One staff member was fairly friendly, and the manager (who had checked us in originally) did warm up to us quite a bit by the time we left, which left me feeling a lot better about the place than when we arrived. All in all, it was so-so, but probably about par for the course in the area. It's quiet, but beware of the cover bands that play across the bay since the sound does travel and it's a little annoying. The beach is beautiful and there's great snorkeling (hotel rents snorkels for 50 BHT/day).

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are a little cheaper, and will avoid the cover band noise from across the bay...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ben M
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We went there cause on the lonely planet guide was one of the resorts with low/average prices. Well, IT'S NOT, they have bungalows for 700 bath per nights but it's impossible to sleep there. We were really afraid the whole bungalow, balcony included, could fall down. Blankets on the bed had spots everywhere. The bathroom was under the room. The only thing I can save was the view in front of the sea. Go there only if you want to spend money because expensive bungalows are cool, but only those. They have a private beach and resturant on the beach, but the personnel is not really friendly and don't speak english.

• Stayed: August 2012