See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Me and my wife stayed here for 5 weeks. It was a really pleasant stay, the staff were friendly and the room was clean. The restaurant is nice and a lovely place to sit and look out over the bay. We only planned to stay for one month but it was such a no brainier to add another week.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Place was amazing - the rooms were clean and spacious, and the whole area was sweeped every morning even though it was low season.

The beach and view were beautiful, although be aware that the water is shallow.

The restarant at the hotel served the best red curry with pineapples on the whole island, and a great pad-thai.

You know why there are bad reviews? Because the owner does not smile. She is straightforward and fair, but dont expect warmth and lovely attotude. Fine for me - we left our wallets and passport in their safe for a week and they were perfectly safe.

Go.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I had fan room ground floor (the one you can see in Agoda page picture). It was surprisingly clean, sheets smelling fresh, no mold. Bathroom clean, basic. I liked the bed and skeptinen well in peaceful resort. The beach is very narrow (it was raining heavily every day, something to do with water level rising?).
In 10-15 min walking distance there are some nice restaurants and coffee shops, 7Eleven. Resort restaurant didn't seem to be popular. Some meals (like meatball-vegetable soup) were good, some were average (phad thai). Breakfast was nice: you can choose of many different menus (Health, English, American, German, Thai...). Nearby nice walking routes. Price was discounted, so I found it OK in it's category. The resort area with lot of trees and wooden buildings looks much nicer than the others nearby. Taxi from pier costs 300 TBH. At night departure hotel charge 400 TBH/person, even if it's shared car. Check the timetables of catamaran with transport to other destinations in mainland, from pier Loopraya Office - I got wrong info from reception and 4 other sales points. Otherwise the service was OK in Thai standard. Wi-Fi worked well. Cleaning and sheets/towels changed every 3 days. Minimarket next to reception.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I stayed here in October 2016. It was a slow time, with not many people around.
The cleaning staff is very good.
The front office ladies are so-so. Not terribly unfriendly, but they also don't go out of their way to be gracious, or very helpful. To walk into their office/lobby always seemed like an imposition. It feels opposite of what you usually experience in Thailand.
With its location the place has the potential to be a very very good property, and it should be, but it's not. I tried the restaurant there a few times and wouldn't recommend it with so many other delicious and cheaper options near by.
The room I stayed in was quite good compared to a few of the other rooms I saw there. I liked having the porch very much. This, the ocean and the cleanliness where the best parts.
It was an ok stay overall, but I would stay somewhere else next time I'm in Koh Tao.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2017

We were 6 guys and stayed in 2 Bungalows directly to the beach. The Bungalows are ok but the bed was very hard. After the third night my back really hurts from this bed. The Location itself is great, there is a Little beach which can be visited in the afternoon or in the evening because in the morning the water "eats" the whole beach.
The rooms you can have with Ventilator or aircon. Of course with aircon its more expensive. For us the fan was enough.
The Restaurant is not that good. The guys there are a bit strange. They come if you will give a sign but nobody really wants to speak with you or give you some Infos. They are sitting there the whole day and waiting for Clients. No Music, no laughing, no dialogues, no Feelings. I had the Impression that the employees are very poor or ill.....I don´t know! Also the Girl on the reception was unfriendly and not really motivated to sell a room or something else. Rooms are clean and you can easily walk the beach to reach some other bars and reataurants. There is a nice Rasta bar in the near with friendly staff, nice music and very good self done Cocktails. Also the "High Bar" is not far away and as the Name says you know what´s going on there!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends