See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 January 2017

We were 6 guys and stayed in 2 Bungalows directly to the beach. The Bungalows are ok but the bed was very hard. After the third night my back really hurts from this bed. The Location itself is great, there is a Little beach which can be visited in the afternoon or in the evening because in the morning the water "eats" the whole beach.
The rooms you can have with Ventilator or aircon. Of course with aircon its more expensive. For us the fan was enough.
The Restaurant is not that good. The guys there are a bit strange. They come if you will give a sign but nobody really wants to speak with you or give you some Infos. They are sitting there the whole day and waiting for Clients. No Music, no laughing, no dialogues, no Feelings. I had the Impression that the employees are very poor or ill.....I don´t know! Also the Girl on the reception was unfriendly and not really motivated to sell a room or something else. Rooms are clean and you can easily walk the beach to reach some other bars and reataurants. There is a nice Rasta bar in the near with friendly staff, nice music and very good self done Cocktails. Also the "High Bar" is not far away and as the Name says you know what´s going on there!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I've never felt compelled to write a review before but I was totally disheartened by the rudeness of the staff here after being so excited to visit Koh Tao for a dive trip. They barely look at you when communicating and were incredibly rude.
It's a shame because although basic the accomodation is beach front and has so much potential.
Unfortunately along with this, the room smelt really badly, of mice? Unless I was finding gecko poo there was definitely droppings of some kind in my room. Something wasn't right anyway and I bought incense to try to mask the smell but it probably just needs a decent clean. Stay here if you're desperate but I'd definitely try to stay somewhere with more pleasant staff.
On that note however, the attached restaurant served fantastic food and all the staff greeted me with a smile. Would recommend eating a meal here.
I hope the staff at the resort can find something to smile about in the future.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

This is such an amazing place the beach is right on the doorstep it's stunning. The rooms are very basic which is fine but they need to be cleaned properly the bathroom had not been cleaned it needs a good scrub there is also mould in there. This would be a 5 star place if they would clean the rooms properly it's not a lot to ask. The bed sheet was as least 100 years old and I didn't want to put it on me! Such a shame

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Nice room. 600 bath. Cable tv. Good restaurant...not the coffee... thai food very good. Nice area, friendly staff. Easy to find. Good wifi. All good. 4 nights. We enjoyed a lot with my girlfriend. Recommended.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

The most unfriendly staff we have seen in Thailand. So much so that we decided to check out the next day, and if course they wouldn't return us the money for the second night. The bag itself is nice but very shallow this time of year (beginning if May). Impossible to swim. Also, the other corner of the beach is much nicer (where divers centers are located).

Stayed: May 2016