See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2015

This place was totally perfect for me. I took an air con room which was 1000 bhat per night (room 11). It has the most wonderful views across the bay and is in the centre of the beach which was perfect. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Hot shower, air con and fan and a TV. Room also had lots of character. Enjoyed it very much, thank you to Big Fish.

Room Tip: room 11 was great
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed the lounge chairs and somewhat secluded feel of this spot along the water. Our room was basic but adequate for budget travelers. Price seemed like a decent value. Not a fan of the staff or the deposit policy, but we had no trouble and would return.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2015 via mobile

Nice place in quiet area. Bungalow is basic but nice....maybe the bathroom can be improved. It is nice because directly on the beach but 600bht despite the average price is maybe a bit high. However I liked and have had no problems.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EliasJake19
Reviewed 9 March 2015

First off I want to make clear that the room I stayed in was very newly built, and it sounds like some negative reviews might be of older rooms. I was really happy with my room, I think I paid about 600 baht/night for a warm shower and fan (there was the option of aircon, which was obviously more expensive, and unnecessary as it wasn't too hot when I visited in January). I felt that my room was really solid and well-built. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos but it had a massive bed, a table and two chairs, and both the bedroom and bathroom were very spacious. The wifi cut out a few times alright but tbh most places in Thailand don't have amazing wifi. I would definitely stay here again, but if you can, try to view the room first and get a nicer, newer room. The location is fantastic, right on the beach and still close to the town of Chalok. The staff at the front desk were helpful too.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Lizzy M
Reviewed 12 February 2015

The Big Fish Resort, Koh Tao consists of, clean, comfortable rooms with additional options to hot showers and air condition.

Friendly staff and wholesome foods with bbq fish every night. Just a walk from town or many bikes to rent. This is the more quiet, less populated side of the island.

Right on the door step of a sandy beach with blue waters. I think Big Fish is very fair priced for the location and quality of room.

Would definitely recommend and possibly even stay here again.

After backpacking for several months, it was truly a luxury to stay here and only for 1000b which could have slept 3 persons.

Fire dancing, music, family fun inc.
This is mainly an island full of diving so definitely worth grabbing a day out on a boat and seeing a ship wreck and some corals.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple