“big thief”

Big Fish Dive Resort
Ranked #107 of 147 Speciality Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed 5 June 2015

I stayed for a month here. Two days b4 I was due to leave, they stole several thousand Bhats from my room. When I protested, the lady at the reception would not even listen and insulted me! I reported them to the police

Room Tip: do not leave cash in your room. the wi fi did not work for many days!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank reg f
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

This place was totally perfect for me. I took an air con room which was 1000 bhat per night (room 11). It has the most wonderful views across the bay and is in the centre of the beach which was perfect. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Hot shower, air con and fan and a TV. Room also had lots of character. Enjoyed it very much, thank you to Big Fish.

Room Tip: room 11 was great
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed the lounge chairs and somewhat secluded feel of this spot along the water. Our room was basic but adequate for budget travelers. Price seemed like a decent value. Not a fan of the staff or the deposit policy, but we had no trouble and would return.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2015 via mobile

Nice place in quiet area. Bungalow is basic but nice....maybe the bathroom can be improved. It is nice because directly on the beach but 600bht despite the average price is maybe a bit high. However I liked and have had no problems.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EliasJake19
Reviewed 9 March 2015

First off I want to make clear that the room I stayed in was very newly built, and it sounds like some negative reviews might be of older rooms. I was really happy with my room, I think I paid about 600 baht/night for a warm shower and fan (there was the option of aircon, which was obviously more expensive, and unnecessary as it wasn't too hot when I visited in January). I felt that my room was really solid and well-built. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos but it had a massive bed, a table and two chairs, and both the bedroom and bathroom were very spacious. The wifi cut out a few times alright but tbh most places in Thailand don't have amazing wifi. I would definitely stay here again, but if you can, try to view the room first and get a nicer, newer room. The location is fantastic, right on the beach and still close to the town of Chalok. The staff at the front desk were helpful too.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo