See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

The dorm room consisted of 12 beds squished into a a very tiny room. As a result he beds were maybe a foot or two away from one another. There were no plugs or lights for each bunk. I was only able to find two outlets in the entire room which were always occupied and no where near my bed. They advertised that they had air conditioning but it was only on from 1-3pm and 8pm-9am. There was an ensuite for the 12 bed dorm but they don’t even provide toilet paper. It was also difficult to get any bathroom time with 12 people and one bathroom/shower. The beds are decent but the blanket provided was so small it only covered about half my body. There were also NO LOCKERS and NO LOCK ON THE DORM ROOM. They didn’t even give us a key or anything when we checked in. We had to carry all our valuables with us when we left which was a major pain. It was also fairly far from the beach and down a very dark dirt road that would be a little nerve wracking for a solo traveller. We booked two nights but we only stayed one. I can’t speak for the privates but I definitely would not recommend the dorm rooms. For the same price or maybe 50 baht more you can find a place with toilet paper, lockers, outlets, and a better location.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2018

The Hive became a place I hold so close to my heart. I was a solo traveller and the hostel is the best I have stayed in. I was instantly given a warm welcome and made to feel like part of the family. The girls who run the place are amazing - so friendly, helpful and fun!
I was supposed to stay a few days and ended up staying nearly 2 weeks. I would have stayed longer if I didn't have a flight to catch.
The rooms were clean with comfortable beds, air con worked every night and very strong wifi.
The free coffee or tea and bread in the morning is great as well!
I will coming back soon to join the Hive again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

The main drawback of this hostel is the location, it is quite a far walk from the beach and the road to the hostel is not lit at night. There are also no lockers and the dorms are left unlocked at all times. There were three things stolen from residents during my two night stay. Toilet paper and towels are not provided, but breakfast (toast with ham and coffee/tea) is. Beds are some of the hardest I’ve slept on and the blankets provided are also quite small. The ladies that work there are really nice, but with the location being as far as it is and many other cheap options on Koh Tao, I wouldn’t stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is the best hostel i’ve ever stayed in. Fell in love with the staff, the guests and Koh Tao in general. Don’t miss this if you’re travelling alone; you’ll immediately be part of the family! The place is amazing to chill and meet new people, the crew regularly organises barbecues, and sometimes they join the guests to go out at night.
Just know you will spend more time there than expected (booked 2 nights at first, ended up staying more than 2 weeks- no regrets though), and whenever you’ll really have to go, you’ll leave a piece of your heart at the Hive.

I had the best time in Koh Tao, thanks to you girls!!! See you soon ❤️

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I loved my stay at The Hive, so much that I extended by an extra week! Haha. Friendly doesn't give these girls enough credit, they honestly welcome you and treat you like family from the moment you arrive. They invite you into their home, cook food for us guests, join in for a drink, games, everything. The rooms are new and comfortable and everyone I met there was fun and nice. They have free WiFi, free breakfast and coffee/tea! A cup of coffee alone on Koh Tao usually costs about 70b a cup! So I thought the value for money was outstanding. I will be back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo