All reviews shark island quiet beach dive shop rent a scooter bay hut pier diving hammocks padi thai
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

Coral View was everything we were hoping for and is almost a High 5. And yes, we would stay here again because...

The room is fine, the fan and ocean breeze kept us cool enough, we weren't bothered with any pests, we were just a few steps from the beach, and we had the end room on the second floor with ocean view and more privacy.

The restaurant service is wonderful, the food good enough (a lot to choose from, would do better with less and a tad more pizazz...however still very much enjoyable) and the view while you dine unbeatable!

And for the best part the beach and snorkeling are wonderful...I couldn't stay out of the water it was so fun and beautiful! I wasn't bothered by the sand as some mentioned, I walked the beach and swam shoeless. The beach is very private with minimal people. Yes, there is construction from 9-5 however it is easy to ignore when you are swinging in a hammock, sipping a fresh coconut milkshake
, while reading a great book and being cooled by ocean breezes!

Oh, the wifi is fine. Comes and goes in our room, however very strong in the restaurant, hammocks, and lounges on the beach!

One last thing, the ride to the hotel is fun...like a free roller coaster ride. We came in on the back of the hotel's transport truck and I never felt unsafe...I actually enjoyed the ride!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Journies42
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I'll be honest, this hotel, for me, was unbelievable!!! For my wife, not so much.

Cons:
-No AC. Let's be honest, if you have electricity, temperatures exceed 30 degrees, and your clients are NOT from Thailand, then AC is the first investment you should make.
-Getting there. Wow. Not an easily accessible place. The wife and I got in late and as we have done everywhere in Asia we rented a bike to get around. 500 baht for a cab from the ferry terminal was the cost, or I believe 150 baht per day for a bike. We took the bike. Roads on Koh Tao are NOT LIKE ROADS ANYWHERE ELSE IN THAILAND. Steep and treacherous is an understatement. And driving in the dark loaded up with luggage over to the resort was terrifying. I'm saying this after being in Asia for two months and travelling everywhere by bike. Koh Tao was a whole new experience.
-Once you're there it's difficult to leave.

Pros:
-Oh. My. God. The views.
-The snorkelling!!! To be able to swim out and dive down ten plus feet with visibility over twenty!!!
-The beach. Not for everyone as the coral makes it difficult to walk on, but there is nobody there, hammocks in the trees, reclining chairs to relax on, and a bar with relatively inexpensive beer!

If you're okay with hot, sleepless nights and a remote location I cannot express how amazing this place was. You need to know though that the rooms are basic, you have to walk up steep stairs to get anywhere, and the wifi is limited. I freaking loved it though.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tyler T
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

We had a three bed en suite fan room for 1000baht a night (booking.com deal I think). Clean and comfortable and cool enough with 2 fans in April. Fridge and Mossi nets on French doors a nice touch. The beach was outside the door! It's a gorgeous quiet beach, gets slightly busier when snorkel/diving groups land but still very serene and clean with little development. Nice coral reef easily explored with a snorkel (we saw a green turtle!). There is also a raft you can swim to, chill out, drink a beer (no littering though!). Staff were amazing and super friendly! The bar/ restaurant is perhaps slightly overpriced as it serves only the standards fare, and as there are only two places to eat here (the other is even pricier and not as good, transport anywhere else is pricey but it is possible to walk to the next town) you have no choice, however food was consistently high quality, the restaurant is lovely overlooking the beach and service impeccable!
It's not a party place : stick to MaeHaad or Sairee if you want to meet people and eat and drink cheaper, but even for backpackers Coral View is great!
We were picked up from the pier at 10am for free, it's 100baht each back to Mae Haad.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yodahound
Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

Gorgeous place to stay, awesome room if a little warm (fans no ac). Everyone was very friendly & helpful. Beach is beautiful awesome snorkeling- bring some sea shows as lots of sharp dead coral in the sea & shallow so you have to walk out far. Lots of lovely recliners & hammocks. The food at both restaurants either end was ok, better at the far end but nothing was anything special, but it's quite far out to travel for food unless you pay for a taxi to town- I recommend the Eagle view restaurant, which has awesome reasonably priced food, you just have to find it!- 15 mins walk away, but took us over an hr to find it. At coral view bar is beautiful & on the beach, have beer or shorts though, the cocktails were reasonably priced but the ingredients didn't match the description & barely any alcohol present- it was so hot if I had 1 beer I felt really quite drunk, 3 cocktails- &nothing (we had awesome cocktails elsewhere that definitely hit me ;-) ).

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

The view is stunning, the food great, the bungalows spacious and the location perfectly quiet and remote. So why the mixed review? Well the fact that, once arrived you have to pay for every little extra is a turn-off. Expensive but good food, 100 baht one-way for the shuttle service, no beach towels, 60baht to rent the pool table and even 5 baht for a hot water or ice! Lackluster service as well. Silly as if they had not been so stingy, I would have rated this resort as perfect.
Also beware that serious construction work is underway during daylight hours at the moment.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends