Koh Tao Montra Resort & Spa
US$ 82
US$ 136
US$ 126
  • Breakfast included
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$ 54
US$ 51
  • Breakfast included
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$ 51
US$ 47
US$ 108
US$ 91
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
US$ 214
US$ 197
US$ 70
US$ 66
US$ 95
US$ 65
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$ 48
US$ 45
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$ 58
Travelocity
All reviewsswim up barsairee beachhuge swimming poolrooms are hugethird floorcoral grand diverslovely hotelhotel is locatedferry terminalbeach frontmin walkdeluxe roomspent nights herenight lifegreat roomno hot waterfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Bang average hotel. The location is good when arriving off the pier - 5 minutes walk, but not for the lively part of Koh Tao. The rooms were very spacious but our room smelt disgusting!! It was the AC, Every time we turned it off the smell went but you had to have it on as it’s so hot!! Another fault is no security at night, when we were there 30 Spanish people decided to jump in the pool at 2am and nobody was about to tell them to get out! The pool is huge but gets very little sun. They offer free shuttles to Sairee beach at certain times but stops at 9pm and they offer some diving with Coral Grand Divers.

Overall - average - would stay elsewhere if I came again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My travel company

My family and I, which consist of my mother, my baby brother(1 year old) and myself. We stayed at Montra resort for 10 nights.
My uncle and his family came to the hotel a few days before us (we were meeting them there), so I can't say anything about the check-in, but in my understanding, it went smoothly.

Our room

Our room had a very nice big bed, which easy contain 3 full-grown people. The shower works great, but the water had to run for 2-5 minuts before it was ''warm''.

First impression

Our first impression the following morning, was way over expectation. Before we ordered the hotel, I read a lot of bad reviews, but I did not experience any of the things that were described.

Food at the hotel

The breakfast contains almost everything you could think of. At the egg-station, the make any kind of egg that you would like.
The food at the hotel is okay, but you pay way too much. Go find another place to eat.
The location is perfect! In 2 minuts walk, you find youself in the ''city''.

Massage

If you want to get some massage, don't take the massage on the hotel, it is too expensive - in thai price of course. If you want some good massage for cheap money, then go to the big road that you meet, when you walk out off the hotel, and the walk forward. When you reach the road, turn left, and the on the right side of the road, when you have walk a bit, you will see a light pink massageshop, that your destinaton. it is where I have gotten the best massage in Thailand.

Tip about hotel room

If you write to the hotel and ask for a price, you will mostly get a better price, than the one the traveling sites offer. If you have written to them and you will mostly be upgraded to a better room, if there is any free, on your dates.

The pool

The pool is great. The two areas is divided with some of the pool, that is not covered in water. Hard to explain, but look at the pictures. There is an area that is only about 1,5 meters. The other area goes from 1,5 meters to 2,5 meters i think it is. This gives plenty of opportunities for all-aged people. every morning the pool is cleaned, so that you won't swim in dirt.

Pool bar

The pool bar is great. It is also here you will get your pool towels. The drinks are okay.

Transport

The hotel provides free transport to and from the harbor. If want to get around the island, I would suggest you rent a motorbike. The hotel offers motorbikes, to cheap money.

Diving

The hotel collaborate with a diving center called Coral rand diving. The diving instructores speak fluent English, so if you talk a decent English, you should be okay.

Overall

Overall I would diffidently return to the hotel. The staff is nice and you feel very welcome.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Me & 3 of my friends booked a family room. It had 2 beds & 2 made up beds.
All were perfect for adults in our opinion. It was a nice big spacious room, it even had a separate room where we could keep our luggage :) It was right beside the pool - I think it may have been room 111.

The pool was lovely although we did not spend too much time there as we only had 3 days in Koh Tao. On arrival we were greeted with some complimentary juice which was a nice touch. The hotel also provides a complimentary shuttle service at particular times to the beach & ferry port. Just make sure to let them know in advance.

To walk to the nearest beach (Sairee Beach) it takes less than 10 minutes.

I would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: ask for a room on the pool level
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danielle R
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The location is good and we were picked up at the pier. Even though the room was very spacious, the linen was pretty dirty. After "cleaning" the room smelled like a chemical anything. The food smells like nothing and the kitchen doesnt look hycienical.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2018

my brother and i booked this hotel for a week from the 5th of january till the 12th on arrival looks all okay checked in and showed to our rooms mine was 210 second floor the front doors are dated and old soon as they opened the door the room smell hit you beds was hard the bed sheets gray and wore out the bathroom towels i put me finger through them no light working and paint coming of the roof breakfast shocking mold around the top of the bread bin eggs cold flys and dirt everywhere the pool umbrellas filthy the bar runs out of everything pool staff all okay and also the restaurant staff friendly the manager there very helpful booking .com as give this a 4star i think 2star would be hard its just all wore out the tv is so old dont book it complained to booking .com but aint got back to me

Room Tip: book a different hotel this 1 needs re vamp bad pool towels had holes in them
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple