All reviews modern rooms perfect location deluxe sea view main building nice shower buffet style small pool deluxe room stayed here for nights minute walk from the pier recommend staying here the air conditioning hot water bars and restaurants beach front island tile
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Chaokoh is a nice centrally location hotel in Phi Phi village. Just off the busy street and a quiet spot. But right in the middle of the little village.
The room we had was nice and they put in 2 extra beds for our kids. No problem and we paid 800 bht per bed per night which is ok. The room was ok quality and in the higher level in the price range. Not luxury, bit decent.
The staff was friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast was pretty poor quality and low selection and not too nice. Bad coffee, half empty trays and cheap quality in general. Not good. But the view from the breakfast restaurant is nice and overlooking the beach and the bay.

We have been overall happy with the stay and would recommend it it to other families with kids.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Casper72
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Comfortable room - little lack of arrangement- safety box- excellent wifi- some rooms may have a view to the garden- mine was opposite to another guest room- Chaokoh had also bed rooms near the hotel in the same road - well located to the market, the city, but quiet - Visit Chaokoh bedroom and travel agency to manage your booking transfers or excursions - breakfast to improve located in front of the sea- private beach next to the port - Please do not prepare fried eggs in advance and boiled eggs are in fact hard eggs. No dim sum for breakfast- If you 'd like go outside and have donuts for 5baths - Take care of mosquitoes - depending on the season and the weather -

Room Tip: bungalows with view to the garden and rooms located with a view opposite to another guest house- lack of privacy
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank mvn67
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Me and my Fiancé stayed here for 2 nights in November. We were welcomed on arrival and the staff took our bags but apologised as we had walked to the hotel with our rucksacks on our backs (5 minutes) as they offer a 'bell boy' service where they cart your bags as there is no transport on the island. This wasn't their fault we just hadn't seen our hotel sign from the ferry dock. After checking in we faced a problem with our booking, again not the hotels fault! Embarrassingly, i had booked with Expedia but for the wrong year, 2018! I managed to call Expedia and sort out the dates with both them and the hotel, who kindly gave us the room for the same room and rate we originally booked it for! They were very understanding and couldn't help us enough!
Our room was newly refurbished and modern, Bathroom was nice and overall the room was clean, tidy and everything worked. Our room was located on the ground floor at the front of the hotel near reception, so at night we could hear the phone ringing or people talking past 12am. this wasn't ideal but we fell asleep regardless.
The Island is small so everything is walking distance (shops, bars and restaurants)
Beaches are amazing! We didn't have time to go in the swimming pool but looked nice enough! Free wifi which was good! Breakfast had lots of choice and was tasty!
Staff were amazing and helpful and always smiled and said hello!
We would definitely recommend staying here and would come back!

Room Tip: newly refurbished rooms, upper levels.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellis S
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Good location and very clean and new hotel.
Stuff is very friendly and helpful
Room was big and elegant
Peaceful hotel
Nice pool
Hotel is close to the sea and you get towel from hotel
Free bottlet water from the reseption
Higly recommended

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank mikkoe811
Reviewed 13 December 2017

We checked in for 1 night here after spending a week at the Banyan Villa Resort on Phi Phi (we would've continued to stay at Banyan, but our reso got mixed up).

Thank goodness we only had 1 night at this place. I expected a room that looked similar to those online in the pics, but this isn't at all what it looked like. We had an older room near the pool. The funniest part was that the receptionist made it sound like we were being "upgraded" to the pool because the rooms were bigger. Sure, it was spacious, but it was stinky and decorated straight out of the 80s. I guess their nicer rooms are just located in a different section of the resort, so just be careful of this when you book.

Let's be clear, I am not a picky traveler. I can tolerate hostels and lousy motels. I just don't like getting ripped off. I paid way more to stay here for 1 night than I did at Banyan, and Banyan just had better value and service. I would've preferred to just sort it out at reception upon checking in but there was a language barrier, so I just decided to move on and accept that I paid too much for one of my nights in paradise : )

Room Tip: Don't book a room by the pool
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple