Phi Phi Villa Resort
US$ 147
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Phi Phi The Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$ 133
US$ 92
  • Restaurant
US$ 164
US$ 156
  • Beachfront
P.P. Erawan Palms Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$ 92
US$ 77
  • Pool
Phi Phi Hotel(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$ 44
US$ 43
  • Pool
Papaya Phi Phi Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)(Great Value!)
US$ 25
Viking Natures Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)(Great Value!)
US$ 42
US$ 33
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
The Cobble Beach(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$ 47
US$ 41
  • Breakfast included
Villa 360 Resort & Spa(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$ 280
US$ 180
  • Breakfast included
Zeavola Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$ 337
US$ 202
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscarpe diemluxury villabob marleywater pressure isfire showbeach frontmin walkgreat poolsea viewstayed here for nightstonsai piertree housesun loungersnice resortquiet at nightnight lifemain area
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I am not sure why some people think this hotel is paradise. The island location surely is, but not the hotel. We stayed here 5 nights, at about USD 100 per night. I tried to extend checkout by a few hours and was told that to do so I would be charged 500 baht per hour! The staff even tried to stiff me on a so-called missing glass from the room when I was collecting my 1,000 baht key deposit. It is not advertised but the shower and sink water is brackish. Some may not appreciate this inconvenience.

I had to keep ‘fixing’ the door handle to our ‘villa’ as it kept getting loose. Without these adjustments it would have fallen off. The toilet seat was broken. The shower backed up each time we used it. Clean towels were available after 6:00 PM - usually. There was one pump bottle of thin liquid soap that was to be used as a face soap, shower soap and shampoo. I had to buy a spray to kill the mosquitoes in the room each evening. The staff were generally unfriendly and unsympathetic to the lack of towels etc etc. Most of them should not be in the service industry. The pool was nice until you looked closely. A number of ceramic tiles have separated from the base of the pool and the grout on the side walls has black algae.

Now, on a more positive note. We were met at the ferry and shown to the hotel – a nice gesture. The breakfast was pleasant and varied. The sheets on the bed were clean. Wireless worked in the computer room, the breakfast area and by the pool.

Room Tip: get a quieter villa in the back
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DennisUSA
Reviewed 20 February 2012

+: next to the beach, booking office at the reception, private villa/room,
-: far from main street of PhiPhi (restaurants, shopping, diving center) and far from harbor. Many TV channels but bad reception, old style and overvalued price!
=: even it was not a bad experience, I would go and try another hotel next time (look at my other review)

The hotel is good but I think it is too expensive compared to what you get. I tried another hotel after staying 2 nights, and this second hotel was much better even a bit more expensive.

What I liked at this hotel is that it is next to the beach and is in a quiet place of PhiPhi => I would really recommend this hotel for families or couple looking for quiet place (kind of private as it is in a "corner" of PhiPhi).

But you have to think to walk 15-20 minutes from the harbor where you land from the ships (from/to phuket or Krabi).
Therefore, I would not recommend this hotel for people looking for shopping or places to have fun as around the hotel there are only few attractions which close early in the evening.

=> Location is good and bad, depending what you are looking for!!!!!

Swimming pool is nice, but not really for swimming. It is more a place where you can relax and meet the monkeys looking for some food!

Finally, rooms are clean and good as it is a kind of Villa/bungalow as you would imagine due to the name of the hotel. I really liked this style and really felt on holiday which was fantastic. Unfortunately, I did not really like the bathroom which is really old style and not modern at all.

In conclusion, I think this hotel a bit overprice and I would suggest you pay less if you go there or try my 2nd hotel review on PhiPhi which was much better (location, room, swimming pool, breakfast), but of course a bit more expensive... (but worth to spend the extra money)

Room Tip: take a taxi boat to go around PhiPhi (max 1200 baht 3.5 hours)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ehlstudent
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Despite a good location and facilities, this was the worst run hotel we have stayed at for a long time. The (Luxury) room was spacious but the bathroom filthy; despite asking management to clean it and provide a basin plug, nothing was done. The first morning there was no water at all. The breakfast was terrible; we dont expect too much in Thailand but this was the worst ever. Anything we brought to their attention was just greeted with "Don't worry Papa"!
We had the impression that Koh Phi Phi is so popular and generally frequented by low end (indescriminate) young people that the resorts and resturants don't have to bother to give good service.

Room Tip: Luxury rooms well worth the extra
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed in the Deluxe Family Suite for 6 nights, which is tucked away behind the pool area. There is 2 good size bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a lounge area in between which we had a fold up bed set up for our son - 5 of us fitted very comfortably. The pool area is lovely and we shared our time between that and the beautiful beach at the front, depending on the tides. Carpe Diem which is at the front of the hotel is really cool to relax and have a drink, with live music in the late afternoons which was nice.

The walk in to the heart of town takes about 10 minutes but there are shops / bars / cafes all along the way so it never seemed to take long. A bar called U2 sits on a small hill along the way and has the most stunning views across the bay.

Our "kids" aged 18 to 22, loved their stay here also and thought the nightlife was surprising good given the quiet feeling of the island during the day.. plenty going on at Do Jo's bar late afternoon and the crowd then goes on to the Beach Parties afterwards which is in the opposite side of town - so we didn't hear it at all from where we were, but kids didn't have far to walk home afterwards.

The down side to this hotel is the breakfast is awful. I only ate there once and after that went out for breakfast to other cafes which wasn't a problem as there are many to chose from. Also the beds are on the hard side, but it seems most Thai accommodation share this trait.

I can honestly say that on all our walks, I didn't see one other resort that I thought looked better than this one. Contrary to a couple of other comments here on T.A., there are 2 bungalows that face the beach with unobstructed sea views which would be lovely. Don't go with 5 star expectations and you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to go back one day for a longer stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This is one of the nicest hotels in Ton Sai bay and around, according to what we saw. There are some other nice ones. The bungalow was nice, and they added a bed for a friend of ours who decided to join us at the last minute for only 20 usd a night, breakfast included.

The breakfast was very nice, in a very nice breakfast room. Very pleasant in general, the pool is really nice.

The beach is not so nice though. On the first day, it was muddy, the second day it was a lot better. We didn't really go to the beach there, I just checked it out. We went on different day trips every day. I am sure the beach on the other side of the island must be a lot better.
The problem with Ton Sai bay is that there is a lot of trash and some of the bars and restaurants smell really bad, so as you walk by the smell hits you and it is terrible.

This hotel is in a quieter area, which is nicer, but it is still close to the pier, which is where youĺl be going for dinner and stuff.

Next time, I think I'll stay on the other side of the island.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple