When you are on your boat approching this resort you could not ask for more it really is a paradise island, you are greeted by the most amazing check in staff who make you feel most welcome and make sure you are fully informed about the resort.
The rooms are huts on stilts which are of a good size but the bathrooms really need a refurbishment, ours bathroom actually smelled of an open drain so the door had to be kept shut as it was that bad, if you don't like lizards then this is not for you as you will be joined by at least one or two each evening in your room but they wil not cause you any harm.
The swimming pools are very good and sunbeds are plentifull it has a large beach front but the beach is not the best.
Our faults with this resort would be the Bar & Restaurant staff. The pool area staff are the most lazy people you will ever see in Thailand, unless you go to them to ask for a drink or food they will never walk around and ask people if they require anything or help with parasols if you are struggling to move them or put up but they are happy to stand chatting to one and other, if the pool bar is busy with one member of staff working the other staff will just look at people waiting and won't bother to help.
The restaurant staff especially at breakfast are just useless it can take 20mins to get a cup of tea or coffee and service areas always running out of plates and Bowles, there is just no management of service staff.
Be warned of the all you can eat evening buffet that is controlled so you can only eat what you are served, everything from these buffets is cooked while you wait and it's amazing how they can make one chicken serve 100 people by giving you the smallest amount of meat and filling your plate with vegetables.
We was told the hotel was being taken over by an American company and that staff would have to up their game this could not be further from the truth, if staffing problems were resolved this really would be paradise and we would certainly return but as it stand at the moment the management really need to sort the staff before we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream-like boutique resort situated on a private 800 metre stretch of pristine white sand beach lapped by the turqoise waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort is set on 70 acres of coconut palm plantations, in the privacy of Loh Ba Gao Bay on Phi Phi Island. Accommodation is comprised of 144 traditional Thai style bungalows and 12 exclusively private Hillside Pool Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi Island Village Beach Hotel
- Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Island Village Resort