See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I went to eat lunch there with my friends. I ordered 'Escalope Nermonde' if i'm spelling it correctly lol. It was a chicken steak cooked in really nice mushroom sauce served with french fries and toasts!!!! Amazing smells and appearance, I have to say! I enjoyed the food really much. People there was nice! There was a guy serving us and he was amazing. He was really friendly and humble :-) I would definitely go back there and bring new friends with me for sure!!!

Try this place and you won't regret it :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The homemade fries that were served next to my cheeseburger were some of the best I had, also the property has an amazing location in this hippy village.

The host was an French man and he was very hospitable. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Delicious Bruschetta, Home made Bread, best mojitos of the island, and a french typical menu and breakfast, Le Rendez Vous is the place to go once in Ko Phi Phi. Owners are really friendly and made everything to make our stay magic. Food, and excursions were really great.

As a French and Italian traveller, I would for sure go back to this paradise spot Thank You For Everything Guislain, Bruno and Chitra

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank isabelle v
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Let me preface this review by saying that if we had paid $20-30/night instead of $80/night, I would have given Le Rendez Vous a 4-star review; however, when you're paying $80/night in Thailand, you expect a bit more than a rude and uncomfortable hostel.

Going in, we knew this place was not on the beach - but we figured "Hey, we're on Koh Phi Phi - the nearest beach can't be far away" except that the nearby beaches are on the property of other, nicer hotels - and all their guests look at you like scum when you try to use their beach without one of their plush, branded towels. We spent a few hours walking around the island to try to find a deserted beach without a hotel property on, and had no luck.

Pros
- The room was exceedingly clean and had a nice balcony to sit out on with a cold beer.
- The hostels seems to be owned by a couple - a French guy and a Thai woman. The woman is one of the nicest people we have ever met. She is warm, inviting, pleasant to chat with, and happy to help with just about anything.
- Air conditioning worked well.

Cons
- The showers in the rooms work on salt water - not the most refreshing experience after a day out in the sun and ocean.
- The French guy is a complete jerk. Very rude. Can't be bothered to speak with guests unless he thinks he can try to sell them an overpriced boat trip (you can get them for 1/3 the price at a little shop around the corner). Only speaks to the French guests.
- They charge you to "rent" beach towels for the day.
- The non-breakfast food is pretty bad - especially when there are so many amazing little hole-in-the-wall Thai restaurants within a five minute walk.

We ended up cutting our stay short to head back to Krabi. We heard another couple doing the same. It's an awkward experience because the Thai woman clearly is trying to make things right, but it's tough when you don't have beach access and can't offer people fresh water to wash their face and shower with.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank glamour_bunny
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at Le Rendez Vous in Decemeber while travelling Thailand, i was worried about arriving and nearly didnt go after reading the horror stories on here. We stayed for 3 nights and stayed in a Deluxe room which is directly above the shop/bar/restuarant. The room was big and clean with air con a sofa and a lovely big balcony. Yes the water is salty but I wasnt expexting it to be much better due to being on a remote part of Phi Phi.
The Village is amazing lovely little resaturants and a few bars but very quiet . As a couple it was perfect.
We used the pool at Ourigger which was lovely .. they also do lovely food and coctails! The beach closet isnt that good :(
We went on a speed boat trip organised by Bruno - this was fab
This place isnt for everyone as there isnt much to do ... if your looking to relax in a quiet part of Phi phi this is the place.
Pad Thai and Red Tune restaurants are good!
Looking to return ASAP