My partner and I stayed here for four nights and had the most relaxing holiday in a while.
The excellent things about our stay
1)Our Room: Brand new, decorated like a honeymoon suite and with a spectacular view of the sea. We were happy about the private garden shower and delighted to have access to a second swimming pool that came with a view and less crowds.
2)The Breakfast: A fabulous buffet breakfast that was unlimited and available from 6.30 - 10.00am. There were days when we went kayaking/snorkelling and came back starving and had helped ourselves to juice and fruits for the second time! Their fruits and waffles are to die for!
3)Location: The location was both central and remote. Central when it came to shopping trips to Tonsai Bay, to and from Phuket and remote enough that we felt we were in the middle of nowhere. There are restaurants, small shops and long tail boat services located next to the resort - so there little compulsion to eat and buy everyday stuff from the resort itself.
On one of the afternoons I had a chance to visit the adjoining resorts and having seen the facilities (including pools and bathrooms) I am confident that deciding to stay at the Holiday Inn is one of the best decisions I have ever made!
The not so incredible thing was the service at the restaurant during lunch.
1) On different days, the steward charged us differently for the same vegetarian pizza and was annoyed that we pointed this out
2) When we asked for a Chicken Burger without the chicken (as there was no veggie burger available) they charged us double for ordering a choice meal. We had to reason this out with the manager (as the stewards hardly spoke English).
3) On checking in we had to wait thirty minutes for the golf cart to arrive to take us to our rooms.
While the service at the restaurant were very average, our entire stay at Holiday Inn was worth every dollar. Highly recommended to couples who want to take a break just collapse in relaxation under the sun in the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn