“Rancid, aoid at al costs!”
Review of Ton Sai Seafood

Ton Sai Seafood
Ranked #103 of 122 Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Don
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The food is absolutely terrible. Ordered fried squid and it was impossible to eat. The texture of the squid made it impossible to break down; it was so terrible that i had to spit it out. Friends had meat which they claimed to be average at best. Fries where cooked in old oil. Avoid this cesspit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This was the most horrible restaurant experience i've ever encountered in my entire life! This was my second time going to this restaurant at Phi Phi, the first time was ok...average food and service. This time around we brought my boyfriends parents with us and they wanted to eat seafood so we took them here. The moment we arrived we were attended by an unfriendly waitress. We didn't pay attention to that but everything got worse and worse. My boyfriend ordered his main course first as we were still indecisive but he kindly asked the waitress to wait and serve everything together...5 minutes later we ordered the rest of the food. My boyfriend's bbq beef skewers arrived first, 5 minutes later the second dish arrived...both my boyfriend and his father finished their food and 15 minutes later mine arrived...my order was wrong and the waiter got really mad and refused to take the dish back to the kitchen, I insisted that it was the wrong order and he finally took it back with a rude impolite attitude closing the menu so hard on my face and turning his back. Finally my dish came after 15 minutes, I finished eating and my boyfriends mother STILL DIDNT GET HER DISH!!! She decided after 1 hour that she didn't want to eat there anymore and so we asked for the bill. My boyfriend went and asked for the bill because no waiter was coming to our table anyway...The guy he asked the bill from was so aggressive to the point that he was pushing my boyfriend and touching him and looking at us all asking "WHAT"?? We were flabbergasted and couldn't believe at what was happening. The bill came and my mother in law dish that she dint receive was there! We politely complaint (seen he was so hostile) and he threatened us to call the police and started making a scene. We went to pay and that waiter was even worse, telling us that we have enough money, and why we didn't want to pay black bla...another bad mannered, rude hostile and aggressive waiter. He was the worse! Didn't want to talk or understand that it wasn't about the money but the bad way they treated us from the beginning! He thought we didn't want to pay and kept on talking about that... we explained and explained but still no apology or remorse at all. He was mocking us and not taking us seriously at all! They took the dish we didn't receive out of the bill (no discount at all) we payed and left! They were still laughing behind us...What a horrid, disgusting restaurant! I've never experienced anything like this before! Please do not waste your time or money here! The food, let alone the service is worth it! There are many lovely amazing places at Phi Phi!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I decided to try eating here because of the beachfront view but it was a big mistake. The service was lacking and the food was horrible and overpriced. I asked for a table near the beach and it was available. So I decided to eat here even though the price was a bit steep.

After I was seated, I knew the place was under staffed. The waiters/waitresses were running around and seems a bit loss. They got my order wrong. Either it was the language barrier or the waiter was doing too many tasks at once.

The food was mediocre and overpriced. I could have eaten better food somewhere else for half the price.

One star for the decor and location. Do not recommend. Eat only if you have money to burn.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed very close by and asked the hotel reception what restaurants they would recommend and would go to eat as "locals" and they recommended 2, one was full and the other one was this one. In retrospective, the other one was full of locals and we should have done that. It is a massive restaurant so it takes a while to be served. Food does not really look like in the pictures, its a seated fast food place. Cocktail looked very nice but was very watery.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

On the plus side the restuarant is right on the beach and you can eat while looking out at Tonsai bay. The food and service however are both lacking. Like many Thai places this restaurant has the seafood out on display on ice which kind of wierds me out so I got a fried shrimp dish instead which was nothing special. The service was also not very good our waiters were hard to track down and forgot parts of our order.