“What A Great Place”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The BEACHLOUNGE - Thong Sala is located on the Beach of Thong Sala on the way to Baan Tai!If you are coming from Baan Tai just turn after Seven Eleven Thong Sala and BIG A at the junction with the not working traffic light in the very small street to the left, direction to Beach again and after just straight to the beach, you will see our white and black signs. From Thong Sala Pier coming you can walk on the Beach direction to Baan Tai or drive the old market street (the Walking street on Saturday) til you come back to the big mainstreet, there you turn to the right in the small street passing the chinese temple.The BEACHLOUNGE - Thong Sala is a very unique place direct on the beach next to Thong Sala with nice places to sit down and enjoy great daily fresh Thai- and Seafood cooked by the Owner Yann and the wonderful relaxing atmosphere with Chill out music and an unforgettable sunset!Our Menu is just a Blackboard, so we can always offer fresh new things! Our opening hours are from 3 pm on until 11 pm, kitchen is open until 10:30! Just EAT - DRINK - RELAX
Reviewed 12 July 2012

3 days ago I came across beachlounge and had a wonderful eating experience, the owners explained in detail what was on offer which just made my mouth water, I wanted to say "Stop" and bring on the food... It was excellent as was the ambience!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I are in Koh Phangan on Honeymon and therefore not after Full Moon Party or any other sort.
Thanks to the map we've spotted this little, hidden, heavenly place on Thong Sala beach.
As soon as we arrived we got caught by the beauty of the view and the attention they've put in every detail of that little jewel of a restaurant.
Food & Drink-wise:
We started with a wine glass and a fruit shake;
I must say, I love my wine and here in Thailand they're not famous for wines nor have any knowledge in this field...
The owner is a seriously cool and laid-back Austrian guy who actually knows about wines and have a small but good selection;
After the second glass of Sauvignon Blanc I decided that it was well worth to order a bottle! :oD
In a short while we decided to order some food.
They do mainly Thai dishes as the owner's wife is a pretty Thai lady who is the actual chef there.
The food was DELICIOUS!!!
Greatly tasty and extremely nicely presented.
They are amazingly friendly and were really patient with me (as unfortunately I suffer from several food allergies and intolerance) explaining us exactly which ingredients were and were not contained in each single dish.
They prepare everything from scratch and this allowed me to taste the dishes I was after having them cooked especially with no chilli, no onion, etc.
A real pleasant experience in a very relaxed atmosphere (you will enjoy the WI-FI password - it says it all!! ;o)
So, if I have to rank this place I'd say:
FOOD: 10/10
DRINKS: 10/10
LOCATION: 10/10
STAFF: 10/10
You really cannot miss it!!

Gio

5  Thank GiorgiaAla
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Looking for something away from the main stream, to chrage your Battery and feed your soul, come and Chilleax at the Beach Lounge in Thongsala. Amazing food and Drinks,Awsome owners (AustriaThai) and a free Dog name Popey.Beautyfull sunset with look over the Pier and Beach.Small but delicate Menu, food for soul.Original Italian Cafe and the only Kaiserschmarren on the Island.
Thomas and Team Thank you for an Amazing evening.
Tai+Mameaw

Reviewed 1 July 2012

We've been travelling a lot around Thailand and used Tripadvisor everytime. But this is the first review we've ever wrote. We just had to! Because this place is just to good not to share. If you're going to Koh Phangan you have to dinne here. The owners, the food and the place is amazing! Just go and you see it for yourself.

We were at Beach Lounge a rainy night in june where all the electicity were gone. But they let us in so we could enjoy some drinks in the candle light while waiting for the light to come back. The owners were so helpfull and nice and when the light came back we were served some of the best thai-food we ever tried. Wow! We hope to come back to this place again.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

We found this resturant after a nice chat with the owner. The staff are all wonderful and take time to explain the menu! The chef/ owner explained to us the different items on the menu. All food and drinks were totally fablious! It's a must try, a few times over!