“Best food on the island!”

Beachlounge - Thong Sala
Ranked #41 of 509 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The BEACHLOUNGE - Thong Sala is located on the Beach of Thong Sala on the way to Baan Tai!If you are coming from Baan Tai just turn after Seven Eleven Thong Sala and BIG A at the junction with the not working traffic light in the very small street to the left, direction to Beach again and after just straight to the beach, you will see our white and black signs. From Thong Sala Pier coming you can walk on the Beach direction to Baan Tai or drive the old market street (the Walking street on Saturday) til you come back to the big mainstreet, there you turn to the right in the small street passing the chinese temple.The BEACHLOUNGE - Thong Sala is a very unique place direct on the beach next to Thong Sala with nice places to sit down and enjoy great daily fresh Thai- and Seafood cooked by the Owner Yann and the wonderful relaxing atmosphere with Chill out music and an unforgettable sunset!Our Menu is just a Blackboard, so we can always offer fresh new things! Our opening hours are from 3 pm on until 11 pm, kitchen is open until 10:30! Just EAT - DRINK - RELAX
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We found this resturant after a nice chat with the owner. The staff are all wonderful and take time to explain the menu! The chef/ owner explained to us the different items on the menu. All food and drinks were totally fablious! It's a must try, a few times over!

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Our trip to Beachlounge was by far our most memorable dining experience on the island. From the time we entered the restaurant and throughout or evening we felt like welcomed and pampered guests.

First of all, the physical space is impressive. Contemporary Thai furnishishings, with additional beach seating. Lots of great options.

Secondly, the food was exquisite. The thoughtful presentation of each item was delightful. And the food itself was absolutely delicious.

Try to make room in your budget and schedule for this exceptional restaurant.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Wonderful atmosphere and delicious food. Really delicious! We had grilled lemongrass-shrimps on a salad as a starter. I think my partner said these were the best tasting shrimps she ever ate. We're from Amsterdam and do go out to eat whenever we can.

As a main course we had Pla Ka Bok filet (I made a picture of the menu otherwise I would never have gotten the name right) a very tasty fish. We also had Hor Mak, which are shrimps served in a young coconut. It's a curry and you definitely need to handle spicy a bit but it was this dish that made up the headline of this review. I think I said wow 7 or 8 times while eating it. Although one of the wow's could be because of the spicyness, haha.
Desert was great - only two choices but we definitely didn't mind.

They also have nice wines, we had a glass of white wine from Chile and a Singha to go with our seafood choices. They also have Thai wines, but we didn't taste them. It's good to point out that they have a thai menu but add a western touch to it. They also have Illy coffee which I was very happy with.

I am looking for some positive critique to pen down on things that could be improved but I really don't have any. Music was nice, the place has a killer view and they offer an incredible warm service. Enjoy!

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Well done to Thomas and his wife for such a beautiful restaurant. This was the first place that the menu was explained to us. Thomas is warm and hospitable. Food was the best I've had in thailand so far. Beautiful view of the sunsetting. And the decor is authentic but tasteful. Thank you for a wonderful dinner.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We were greeted with a smile and were asked where we would like to sit. We walked in to a beautiful little restaurant on the beach and decided to sit on the ground which kind of looked like beds. The waiter (and share owner) of the business came with a board and explained to us the entire menu. So much amazing food to choose from!
I ended up getting fried rice (which is HUGE!) and a prawn curry served in a coconut (I can't remember the name of it). It had a thicker consistency because egg had been added to it.
AHH-MAZING!
I loved the atmosphere, the food and service. I left there with a very satisfied stomach and a smile.
The waitress was obviously a local but had very good english and was so polite. She would say thank you so many times! such a sweetie.
Will definitely return when I next visit Koh Phangan :) Thanks guys!

1  Thank Splucy