“AMAZING EXPERIENC!!!!”

US$ 1,208.42*
and up
Private Charter: Scuba Diving Tour by Speedboat from Koh Samui
More attraction details
Owner description: As Koh Phangans' premier 5 Star IDC Centre we specialise in delivering high quality diving, whether you want to take your first breaths underwater or are a qualified diver just looking for fun. Whatever the reason, the experienced and multilingual staff at the purpose-built centre or aboard our luxury boat will cater for your every need. With small groups and personalised service guaranteed, it's no wonder we've received multiple PADI awards and featured in the Lonely Planet guide.
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING EXPERIENC!!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This group has it dialed! I have dived all over the world and Sail Rock Divers is by far one of the most professional and dedicated group...lots of fun and they have an awesome facility...complete with pool and bar (for after the dive of course :). Instructor Neil was especially thorough and made my friend so comfortable during their training. They also have a new marine research outfit called CoreSea that is doing great things! All around AWESOME! Thanks guys!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank amberantonelli
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An absolute must for diving and socialising”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Sail Rock Diver instructors are really great teachers, making you feel relaxed and in controll even when you're sitting on the sea bed! Great for beginners (which I was when I arrived) or qualified divers wanting to learn new skills from the very experienced instructor team. Expect lunch on the boat while taking in the sights, and a cocktail (or four) when you return at Sail Rock's very own Gemini Bar.

Visited March 2011
2 Thank zoelouise08
Foshan, China
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 230 helpful votes
“Excellent experience for total beginners as well as experienced divers”
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Having never dove before, I fancied giving it a try but not spending money on a long 'how do do it' course. Also, you do not know how you will react until you try it, so did not want to spend lots of money on a long course if I just freaked. I was reassured when I spoke to someone from Sail rock Divers at Salad Beach were I was staying, and decided to go for the Discover Scuba Diving package.

I got picked up from my resort and taken to their specialist dive centre. I got on all the gear, and got in the pool, was shown how to use the regulator and go under water. I was asked at this point if I wanted to continue. If I had discovered that I absolutely hated it, they would have taken me back to my resort free of charge. I did want to continue, so it was out of the pool to start doing all the paper work.

I then spent time in the pool - one to one tuition - learning do do things such as how to use and recover the regulator, empty my mask under water, swim up, down, around, hand signals and there was lots of attention to being safe. At the end of the afternoon I was given the option to be able to stop, and pay B700 (£14) for the skills session, or I could go ahead and join the dive trip the following day.

The next morning I was picked up from my resort, for a boat trip to the Angthong National Park. It was about a 2 hour boat trip on a lovely sunny day - plenty of shade on the top deck where we were sitting. We were given an introduction to the boat and were able to help ourselves to drinks free of charge. Before the first dive,there was a briefing, about what to look out for, conditions, safety, hand signals, respect for the environment, etc. As the only first timer, I was given an additional briefing from my instructor about what we would do.

I was very nervous when it came to the first dive, just stood back and let everyone head off first. I descended slowly along a rope, then we swam with my instructor holding on to me, directing me, and pointing out things of interest. The time went very quickly, even though we were under water for about 50 mins.

Lunch was then provided on the boat; a curry, plus a vegetarian option, then we moved to a second location for the next dive. Another briefing, and this time I was more relaxed, though I still hand my hand held both literally and figuratively. All, I had to do was remember to equalise as we went down, and to keep breathing. My instructor monitored everything, and controlled our movements. On the trip back, I was shown what we had seen in a book. It is a great experience for a first timer, and made me realise that I would like to do it again, i.e. learn how to dive properly, and if in the future I decided to do a PADI course, the hours I have already done could count towards it. I always felt very safe as I had one to one tuition, and all instructors were very professional; even with experienced divers they would not allow groups bigger than 3, where one of the people was always an instructor.

The boat trip is a great day out, then when you include food, drinks, pool session, pick up and drop offs, one to one instruction and two dives, the price of B3500 (£65) was an absolute bargain. I would highly recommend it to everyone. first timers and experienced divers alike.

How to find them: there is a dive office in Chaloklum, and a representative at Salad Beach. Can be booked from other resorts.

What to take:
Wear you swim wear under your clothes for a quick change into the wet suit. Take a towel, suncream, etc. On the boat, food and drink is included, though you may want to bring your own drinks and snacks as well. Bring a book for the boat trip, or you could have a chat or sunbathe on the deck.

Visited February 2011