“A slice of paradise!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Longtail Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
London, United Kingdom
“A slice of paradise!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is the place to stay to get away from it all, the bay is gorgeous and very chilled! It does have some nice bars to drink in and places to eat as well - although the food at Longtail is by far some of the best we ate in the whole of Thailand so we rarely went anywhere else!
The cabins are basic but for us it was just somewhere to leave our things so that didn't bother us too much, the showers worked and the beds were comfy and that was all that mattered to us. Would certainly recommend it and would also revisit if we ever return - great value for money!

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Having found this resort on Trip Advisor we read the many positives reviews posted about Longtail Beach and we are now able to confirm like many other guests it is paradise. We booked Room 1 which is situated on the beach and are extremely pleased with the location and standard of room for the cost involved.
You wake up to the sound of waves virtually underneath the bungalow when the tide is high. We did include the Air Conditioning as an extra and were really pleased how cool it kept the room especially during two hot and barmy night's in February.
A special thank you to Watcharan who owns the resort, we booked over the internet and he provided very informative guidance in relation to the ferry and taxis.
During our hoilday in Thailand we were staying at The Waterfront in the Fishermans Village in Bophut on Samui, and although reluctant to leave the hotel we would recommend a similar package to anyone looking for a complete relaxing hoilday in paradise.
The hotel is situated on Pan Yai Beach which comprises of a row of similar hotels, bars and restaurants along with the most sociable friendly people in Thailand.
A wonderful place to chill and relax, we will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaveSchnauzer
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Where do I even begin? This is a little piece of paradise! My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights in early February and absolutely loved this place!

Having read some of the other reviews though, I can't help but raise an eyebrow. I've read reviews saying Longtail did not offer over the top amazing Thai service, but in all fairness you won't find that kind of service in ANY resort on the islands- these people are used to dealing with uptight rude tourists who treat the islands as a cheap thrill with complete disregard for Thai culture (I'm talking about the Full Moon Partiers, and crazy Westerners who expect these resorts to be filled with over-the-top comforts available only in the five star places you'd find in Miami). If you're looking for a place that offers turn down service, that provides fresh towels/sheets everyday, and that will carry your bags the ten feet from your room to the song tau, this is NOT your place- in fact, you probably shouldn't be traveling to Thailand at all. And yes, there are mosquitoes on the islands, so if you're a wimp about these, bring bug spray (they go crazy around dinner time!) ;)

This is a SUPER chill place. We were desperate to stay here and the only room the resort had available for our first few nights was the Boat House. It is up a steep hill, but it's perfect. Two rooms (one with a large bed, one with two singles) and one bathroom with the most beautiful tree top view of the beach! Okay, it was a little excessive for two people, but it was a fantastic stay! It was wonderful, probably had the best sleep of my life there- so relaxing!!!

Our last night there, we stayed in a little bungalow and again were amazed at how fantastic this place is. Bare necessities- a bed, mosquito net and a bathroom (bring soap) and a hammock :) Staff are super accommodating, so if you need more than the two towels they give you, you'll get them.

The food here wasn't amazing- you can definitely find better pad thai and som tam. However, the "no names" were delicious, so definitely try those! The beach is quiet and peaceful, and the hotel owner has two sweet dogs which roam around freely. Staff were very friendly and relaxed, and we had the exact kind of Thai island experience we were looking for! The vibe is unpretentious and super laid back- I could rave about it non-stop!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank karriez
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 31 January 2012

First of all I ve to sat that the Longtail has nice and clean bungalows. Also the food is excellent.
Nowadays you can point that out. The standard food became so bad that a standard thai food is excellent these days.
Anyway the Point i want to inform all other Travellers, that they should check the Resort before they decide to stay a couple of days or weeks there.
I travelled since 2000 to Thailand. I ve made mostly good experiences.
Here for the first Time, I felt not Welcome at all.
As always we said hello in Thai even put our hands to the classic Thai Greet.
We ll never get a Hello back. NO smile at all !!!
We travelled with our 16 month old son. They were also very reserved about him. He was not allowed to play with there wooden cleenex boxes. They always made a strange face if they saw him.
We had friends staying there. Therfore i watched this a couple of days and went to the GM.
We had a nice talk but the next day the waiter came towards me and were shouting at me.
I should have told him myself !
I mean he hardly could speak English. Also i want to enjoy my Holiday and dont argue with waiters.
I did this in a good way to report the GM about his staff.
I thought it helped them to increase their Quality.
Not at all, then i had a waiter who was angry on me.
What kind of Managemant ist that ?
I would strongly recommend not to go there if you re used to Thai Hospitality.
The Beach is great for families. There re so many families around.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Hannes D
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I had 6 night's at Longtail Resort - very nice experience. I had the bungalow 2nd from the beach which was a perfect location. No need for AC as the fan in the room was more than adequate. Nice hammock on the deck on the front and spacious room with comfy bed and mozzy net (not needed ). You nee to cover up or be inside between 7-8 am and 5-7 pm as the mosquito situation is fierce!
The staff are wonderful - very friendly and helpful with all your needs.
Big shout ou to the food though......incredible, some of the nest meals I have had in 1 month in Thailand. Well priced also!
Thanks so much Watcharin - you are your staff are doing a wonderful job.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are well located - you are only 1 min to the restaurant and beach - sometimes much...