“Great find on Lanta”
Review of Baan Peek Mai

Baan Peek Mai
Ranked #149 of 414 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came here twice, the food is amazing and so very fresh. We had both prawns and red snapper on the BBQ. Can not recommend this place enough. Great authentic Thai experience

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a Thai eatery , and came across this one by chance . 2 floor restaurant , just on the main road , though quite peaceful and airy. Relaxing reggae music in the background . Food portions were very generous , taste absolutely fantastic. We ended up over ordering (spring rolls , 2 prawn dishes , one fried rice , one chicken , 3 soft drinks , one beer ) and coud not finish it all , and the bill was around 600 baht! Must visit. They take some time but the atmosphere is so relaxed you won’t care.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Don't know what to say to give this place the mertit it deserves . Fantastic Thai food with low profile familiar service. Must come back.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Oh my goodness, this place has my heart. My family (8 of us) chose this spot when walking down the road on our first night in Koh Lanta. It was the kind and smiling grill master standing out front with his fresh fish we could pick out. 2 family members picked a fish to be grilled and I picked a crab. We were seated on the second floor of the treehouse style establishment. The remaining family members ordered off the menu - my 2 favorite items were the crispy pork and the beef larb. Fair warning, the food does not all come out at the exact same time, but fairly close - it's a one woman show in the kitchen. I loved the charm of this place from the lighting to the decor. The food is brought up to the second floor from the kitchen on a rope pulley system.

The food was so good that my mom wanted to take a cooking class from that chef so she asked! There was a minimal language barrier so the bartender, Yoyo, helped out. She agreed to do a cooking class for 4 of our family members the following day at 11 where they would cook 4 dishes - they cooked crispy pork, beef larb, pad see ew, and green curry chicken. I think she charged about 2000 TBH for the 1 hour class which came down to about $15USD per person! Our family came to learn that the chef was the owner with her husband (who had been serving us the previous night) and they had owned the place for 15 years.

On our last night in Koh Lanta, we all wanted to enjoy this gem one last time. My mom stopped by early in the day to propose we provide a specific budget and the cook make a 'Chef's Choice Dinner' essentially. And it was TO DIE FOR!!! It's been a week, and I am still in awe of this dinner. We could tell they really went out of their way to make this a special dinner for us. I can't recall everything on the feast she served...I mean our 8 person table was COVERED in food platters, but some stand outs were prawns, tom yum soup, more amazing grilled fish, I needed to be rolled out of this place I was so full!

I will truly forever remember our experiences at Baan Peek Mai - it is honestly a highlight of our time in Thailand. We were just treated with such kindness it was heartwarming.

2  Thank brehite
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Great find and fantastic grilled fresh fish. Lovely chilled out terrace bar and friendly service.
Recommend the Tai (sea bream) cooked in tamarind and curry crab.