Lanta Mermaid Boutique House
Twin Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$ 30
US$ 98
US$ 87
Hotels.com
US$ 84
US$ 68
SriLanta Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$ 43
US$ 32
  • Breakfast included
Lanta Sand Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$ 50
US$ 32
US$ 152
US$ 141
Agoda.com
The Houben Hotel ( Adult Only )(Ko Lanta)
US$ 91
US$ 76
US$ 88
US$ 64
Priceline
Pimalai Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)
US$ 581
US$ 293
Agoda.com
Layana Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)
US$ 223
US$ 167
All reviewsno shoeshotel is spotlessklong dao beachminute walkmountain viewbeach towelstuk tukyogurtthe main roadbusy roadferry ticketsbeautiful beachsmall hotelrent a scootersaladan townstayed here for nightsa lovely stay
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Lanta Mermaid proved to be the perfect choice for staying in Koh Lanta! The service was the best I've ever had! From the first day, the staff remembered us by name and treated us as though we were old friends! They always ensured that we had everything we needed and were always thrilled to offer help with booking tours and locating restaurants and services along the beach. They even remembered our breakfast orders and the made-to-order breakfast (coffee, fresh juice, fresh fruit, toast, bacon, sausage, eggs cooked however you like, pancakes, cereal, and yogurt) was one of my favorite parts of the stay! You couldn't ask for better service! Staying at the Lanta Mermaid ensured that our vacation was as relaxing and care-free as possible!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Incredible value for money, staff absolutely fantastic, idylic beach. Brilliant breakfast cooked to order each morning. Glad we are staying for 7 days. If you are going to Koh Lanta this is the place to stay at. I am writing this review whilst still at the Hotel and I have never done such a thing before but felt compelled to do so.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The staff:
Some of the most helpful people I've met. As soon as we arrived they pointed out brochures for their best recommendations for excursions: elephant trekking, walking through the jungle, kayaking, feeding monkeys, Thai cooking classes, and more. The hotel has good relationships with the people who run these excursions and I think that plays a valuable role. At the (included) breakfast each morning, they come and take your order and bring you something delicious in return. On the second day I asked for a glass of water and for the rest of the week they remembered that I would appreciate a glass of water alongside my fresh orange juice. Perfect. Probably one of the most helpful things was that when you want to book an excursion, you can just tell the staff and they will take care of everything for you, including being picked up and dropped back off at the hotel.

The location:
The beach is right across the street. It's not overcrowded, and at this spot, the sun sets right behind the water, in the center of the horizon. The street is not over-crowded or busy, but there are still plenty of places to get sunscreen, snacks, dinner, shopping, ice cream, medicine, ATMs, you name it.

The beach:
There is a lot to do along the beach,but there was plenty of space for everyone. We had a lot of fun digging for starfish and throwing them back in the water for our morning of "save the starfish," It was a good beach for running if you're into that. It was beautiful and clean and clear. A few jellyfish but nothing terrible.

The fun:
All the excursions we went on were amazing, and very reasonably priced. Along the beach, there is plenty to do. Thai massages, paddle board and other water-sport rentals, more shopping, more restaurants, and fish spas (a very ticklish 20 minutes. Not sure if it helped my feet but it was worth the experience. I got a pedicure afterwards anyway).

All in all, I have every intention of going back when I can. The hotel is nice and clean, in great spot and there are great people taking care of you. At a time when my friends and I needed fresh clean air and relaxation the most, we got it all right here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Great location, nice and clean rooms and very kind staff who is obliging and helpful (a big thanks for Mr. Chai for help with returning from Koh Ngai :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The thing that makes this place oustanding would be the service. The owners and their staff when over and beyond to make you feel accomodating and were always happy to help with a smile every time!

Breakfast was included in the accomodation that we chose which was a bonus and it was delicious!

The room was clean and well maintained and I cannot fault on this.

You can book snorkelling trip to the local islands through them and the price was reasonable. We travelled to Koh Rok and the beach was amazing!

The only negative feedback that I would say would be, we booked a beach view room, but really, we didn't see the beach from our room and it was noisy due to the traffic noise as it's on the main road. I would recommend to book the garden view instead which will save you money, and most probably get a better night sleep because of less noise from the main street.

Apart from that, we had a lovely holiday and well worth the 5 hour boat ride to get from Phuket to Koh Lanta!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple