Simply put, the Mermaid offers an incredible level of personalized service, comfortable rooms, delicious food, and a warm welcome that is just impossible to beat. I travel quite frequently; I spend about 60 nights a year in hotel rooms on various continents. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've never experienced such friendly service as at the Mermaid. Here are some more details:
Location: It's right across the street from Klong Dao beach, and it's just 2 miles south of Ban Saladan, Koh Lanta's main town. A short stroll brings you to the 2-mile-long white-sand beach, replete with plenty of restaurants, beach massage stations, convenience marts, and so on. The location is wonderfully quiet.
Rooms: The seaview deluxe rooms are impeccably clean, like the rest of the hotel. The beds are wide and comfortable, the interior design is clean, tasteful, and refined, and the balconies look right out over the beach and ocean. You can watch beautiful sunsets right from your room.
Food: The breakfasts are unbeatable. They include fresh fruit, toast with butter and fruit preserves, coffee and tea, bacon and eggs cooked-to-order, and even pancakes, muesli, and corn flakes. Everything was delicious. The breakfasts were so large that sometimes we didn't even have room for lunch.
Service: Mr. Chai and his staff remembered us by name, even though it had been 2 years since our last visit. And how's this for personalized service: 2 years ago, we had requested an extra in-room chair and an extra in-room lamp. Mr. Chai remembered this, and had an extra chair and lamp already in our room. On top of that, you will not find a warmer, friendlier, more helpful host than Mr. Chai and his staff.
Other: The hotel is happy to arrange anything you need during your stay, from laundry (a mere 50THB or $1.60 per kilo of laundry), to airport transfers (private or shared taxis), to island tours and motor scooter rental. Our motor scooter (just $10/day and worth every penny) was waiting when we arrived, and our airport transfers were arranged for us. Extremely helpful.
To put it simply: Stay at the Mermaid. You'll be glad you did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lanta Mermaid Boutique House is an alternative choice for your relaxation. You will be welcomed with the luxurious rooms, comparable to five stars hotels, yet having lower price and impressive environments and surroundings. Here! The place where you will learn that ‘Heaven is really on earth.’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Lanta Mermaid Boutique House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanta Mermaid Boutique House Hotel Ko Lanta
- Lanta Mermaid Boutique House Ko Lanta, Krabi